Any tips for 'No Prep' events?

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Anyone have any good advice for hooking up as well as possible on asphalt/non prepped surfaces in our cars? Suspension adjustments, tires, weight, anything that can help. Got an itch to try some of these events and just looking for anyone with experience making these cars go A to B on slick surfaces.

Here's what I'm currently battling with
[video=youtube;xAoF_BAY7eA]xAoF_BAY7eA[/video]

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
Anyone have any good advice for hooking up as well as possible on asphalt/non prepped surfaces in our cars? Suspension adjustments, tires, weight, anything that can help. Got an itch to try some of these events and just looking for anyone with experience making these cars go A to B on slick surfaces.

Here's what I'm currently battling with
[video=youtube;xAoF_BAY7eA]xAoF_BAY7eA[/video]

What tires are your running?

corepwn

Established Member
Low power or huge tires. Honestly not even worth it because even if you're on top of your shit the guy in the next lane trying to pedal his might not be.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
What tires are your running?

Well in this video I was running 28x11.5 ET Streets, I'm going to be swapping to a 275 Radial more than likely. I'm figuring I'll have to do what I don't want to and that's take power out of it and maybe run on pump gas instead of E85. Just trying to see if there's any possible way to stay on Race Tune

cjd223

Established Member
Traction Control is your best friend for no prep. Of course you will need sticky tires. I launch with it on and hit the off button before it shifts to second.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Traction Control is your best friend for no prep. Of course you will need sticky tires. I launch with it on and hit the off button before it shifts to second.

Do you really find that effective? I tried that on one of my runs and it just felt so slow and never really got moving. I'm going to test again soon one night and I'll try a few things. Anyone here recommend a particular burnout juice? Thinking of going old school Dr. Pepper

cjd223

Established Member
Thought "No Prep" meant no traction juice. My MT Pros don't hold my car very well on the street. My DD tires, 305/45-18 555Rs, have zero chance from a dig. E85 is not your friend on the streets. My car is not driven that much = weekend toy. The only suspension mods are cut rear springs and White Line LCAs.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Thought "No Prep" meant no traction juice. My MT Pros don't hold my car very well on the street. My DD tires, 305/45-18 555Rs, have zero chance from a dig. E85 is not your friend on the streets. My car is not driven that much = weekend toy. The only suspension mods are cut rear springs and White Line LCAs.

Well they allow burnout juice/solution, but it's on an asphalt surface with no VHT or track prep, pretty sure most no prep events are that way. And yea my car isn't a daily, maybe sees the road twice a week if nice and only E85 bc I live 1 mile from station. Plus I like making power :)

This. I wouldn't trust the other guy.
Like you're saying from T-Boning me or not being able to pedal effectively enough to beat me? Lol

rotarymagic

Established Member
Big Hoosier QTPros would be the ticket for no-prep. I would imagine that you'd need something with a soft compound that will recover well from inevitable spinning/pedaling associated with no prep.

Users who are viewing this thread