Any Terminator guys run into 13 Shelby yet?

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has run up against one yet, and how you did?
Also does anyone weight per horse each car has?
My guess is 590ish hp terminator should at least run with a stock Shelby, right?
Thoughts?
Stock Shelby will toast stock Terminator, I assume?

Last edited:
Stock 2013 vs. a stock Terminator will be a blood bath. Upper/lower ported cars, granted the driver actually knows how to row through the gears, should put the 2013 in its place.

2SlwPgy

Established Member
I Cant wait to see someone with a 2013 GT500 running different varieties of cars. I think a Bone stock GT500 will be a great matchup for a ported/pullied Terminator.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I would think a 590 ish terminator would possible show the 13 its taillights. Depending on the run I guess.

2SlwPgy

Established Member
590ish would be Twin screw territory and if it didnt win it would be because of lack driver.
Someone asked the weight I have a coupe, and I had to weight it while doing a military move. It weighted 3500#s without me. I weight 160lbs so I have a lightweight. LOL

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Wait so you guys are telling me a ported and pullied Termi is capable of 128mph trap speeds and about 125 on average???

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Depends on what kind of race.....1/4 mile heads up? trap speed? etc...?

My old '03 went 11.76@117 with 426 rwhp and ET streets.....the ET's enough to run pretty even ET-wise with a showroom stock '13 GT500.

Obviously the MPH difference shows how a street or roll race would end up, but just straight tripping the win light at the track....would be a driver's race. And that's only at 426 rwhp.

bad93svt

Established Member
was at vmptuning today when this arrived....

IMAG2126.gif

IMAG2125.gif

IMAG2121.gif

IMAG2123.gif

This is Justin's new R&D vehicle. will know on monday just how bad this thing really is ?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Gotcha but im looking at all things being equal. Meaning equal drivers, and if the Termi is on drag radials then so is the Shelby. IMO the new Shelbys are very capable of running 10's with nothing more than a sticky tire and a good driver. From my experience it will take atleast a twin srewed Termi to take down the new Shelby from a roll, or stock blower with a hit of nitrous should get the job done. I have no doubt the new Shelbys will hit 130mph come the cooler months.

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
They are badass cars. No doubt about it. I'm shooting for 750rwhp soon. That should be enough to handle most street cars.

Quick Strike

Established Member
A ported and pullied Cobra with all the supporting mods should be in the 530-540 RWHP range. This is somewhere around 650 FWHP. The 2013 Shelby GT is listed at 662 FWHP, but is heavier. I think the better driver wins!

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
The 13 Shelby has already dyno'd as high as 615rwhp. The lowest ive seen was in the 580's, but more than a couple have been over 600.

Scratch dyno numbers as im sure we all know they dont mean a damn thing.

It all goes back to my original question. Is a full weight,p&p,full bolt on Termi capable of 130mph traps? Ive never seen it but that doesnt mean it hasnt happened.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread