Any suggestions for a boost controller?

colors

TERM8TR
Established Member
Looking for a good boost controller for a 04 twin turbo mustang cobra. The Apex AVCR is on backorder with no estimated delivery date. Is there another controller that compares to the Apex AVCR?

Last edited:

goats

Fast whitey
Established Member
The n2mb boost box would be my pick. It has boost by gear.

TRBO VNM

the AMS1000 will be the best out there, but retails for about $850.

I really loved the Blitz and many people on here run the eboost2

colors

TERM8TR
Established Member
How much was the Blitz? AMS sounds good but it is to expensive for me...I could use that money else where. How much does Jon Lund charge for tuning? I'm also looking for fuel rails that will match up with an 01 intake/twin turbo set up. I notiiced you sell Fore fuel rails. Does Sullivan make fuel rails for a twin turbo set up?

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
STAY AWAY FROM AVCR!! Its a nightmare.

I run the eboost2 and like it alot. Really cool boost controller and I used most of them. Avcr, Greddy, HKS.

Never used the AMS1000 though

SSeatr

Established Member
I have the eboost2 controller on my TT cobra with fore rails.

Havent finished the car yet so cant tell you how i like the eboost2 controller but from what ive been told its a nice controller. AMS is supposed to be the absolute best for more expierenced and race cars, if its just a street car the eboost 2 has a lot of functions and less $$ but still above $500 i believe.

TRBO VNM

How much was the Blitz? AMS sounds good but it is to expensive for me...I could use that money else where. How much does Jon Lund charge for tuning? I'm also looking for fuel rails that will match up with an 01 intake/twin turbo set up. I notiiced you sell Fore fuel rails. Does Sullivan make fuel rails for a twin turbo set up?

Last I checked the blitz was in the $520 range. I agree on the AMS, it is expensive, but it is for a reason and how well it works. You would have to talk to Jon about pricing for his tuning. He just tunes my car and sometimes I can get him down here to tune mine and others for tune days. I am actually working on setting up remote tuning with him.

Unfortunately Fore Precision is no longer right now. I need to update my sig. Lethal is in the process of releasing rails, but for terminators with supercharger applications. Sullivan, last I heard was going under as well, but who knows. Lethal has had a hard time getting their product as well and I had another customer that bought the last lower intake from Sullivan a couple months ago. No clue what is up with them right now.

It isn't about making rails for a turbo or SC application so to speak. It is more about the intake setup and the terminator just so happens to have a PD SC as the intake setup. So those rails won't work with a NA intake. Some of the other rails are available like aeromotive, CPR, I think UPR, Glenns Perf. I am not sure when lethal will have rails ready for NA style intakes.

colors

TERM8TR
Established Member
Unfortunately Fore Precision is no longer right now. I need to update my sig. Lethal is in the process of releasing rails, but for terminators with supercharger applications.
It isn't about making rails for a turbo or SC application so to speak. It is more about the intake setup and the terminator just so happens to have a PD SC as the intake setup.

Hey guys...thanks for the information. I'm in the process of switching from SC to twin turbo. I bought a 01 cobra intake...but now I need to find a good price for some for the fuel rails. I will call Lethal Perf and get a quote. I will do some additional research on the boost controller. I had heard some turners were kinda picky, as to what type of boost controller was on the car during tuning...wanted to find something that was user friendly. I will call Lund for a price on tuning.

TRBO VNM

FYI, Lund is going out of town for 2 weeks on vacation in a couple of days, so you may not reach him. You can try sending him an email and if he checks it, then he may reply.

AdamB18CYA

Established Member
I actually have a related question...idk if you guys are familiar with MAC boost solenoids? Is there a way to configure one of those into the factory ecu? I know on other applications you can use them as a boost controller, boost by gear etc. Ams1000 actually uses the solenoids to control pressure. I know nothing about Ford ecus but yeah, figured I'd ask

04cobrawhine

Established Member
eboost2 here as well. just make sure you find a tuner that knows how to properly utilize all the functions it has.

Users who are viewing this thread