Any steggy snakebite owners out there?

y2kpony

Established Member
Im now an owner of a screaming yellow cobra that the previous owner had a snake bite blower upgrade done to the car. Im curious if anyone out there has had one or still does. Curious about rear wheel horse power numbers. The previous owner said it made around 480 but no longer had his dyno sheets. I want to have a retune done this summer on the car so I can see what it has for myself. The car has an upgraded fuel system on it and a full Bassani exhoust,other than that stock. I havent seen any owners of these blowers on here and was curious. The blower does sound mean as hell and the car runs great. Thanks for any input here.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Originally the #s were suppose to be higher on the snakebites but it never really worked out as planned I guess. Your numbers still sound low though. Get it retuned because you should be around 500-520. There was a few guys with them on here but they seem to have disappeared. It's hard to find information on them because they didnt end up being a big hit. Too much money for no big numbers. They sounds killer though.

y2kpony

Established Member
Im still looking for some more info on this blower upgrade. I'm curious if the snakebite included a stage 6 port as part of the package or if you had to add it. I just want to know better what I have before I retune the car. Thanks for any input.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Locate the serial number off of it and call Steg they should be able to answer all your questions about the blower. Better than shooting fish in a barrell here on SVTP

FInd out if it has a TQ plate installed as well, if so, play at your own risk

y2kpony

Established Member
I was told the torque plates were not being put on anymore back in 2011 when this was done. So I don't think thats on there. I'll give it a look for a serial number and see what I can find out. Thanks for that suggestion.

y2kpony

Established Member
I was able to find the serial number on the blower over the weekend and called Steg today. I found out my blower has a stage 6 port with a series 2 throtle body and plenum. Also the torque plates that they were putting in was not put on mine as they had stopped putting them in by the time mine was done. With these upgrades to the blower and the snakebite done to the gears they said I should see 17 pounds of boost. I hope to hit the dyno this summer for a retune and see some good numbers. Just wanted to share what I found out.

Im still looking for some more info on this blower upgrade. I'm curious if the snakebite included a stage 6 port as part of the package or if you had to add it. I just want to know better what I have before I retune the car. Thanks for any input.

The 'snakebite blower' does come with a Stage 6 port, as well as different gearing. It is quite loud which is a plus if you are going that route.

I entertained that blower at one point, but went with the simple Stage 6 as I couldn't verify substantial power gains with the snakebite. I simply could not justify the added expense when the regular stage 6 port performs very well. But man that snakebite is very loud!

99lightning_svt

Established Member
I have a snakebite and make around 500hp my MAF was maxed out. I may be switching to an F1 soon as I don't really need all of the low end TQ the snakebite gives me! I just bought a killer chiller so ill get new numbers before I switch. I'm pretty sure my blower is 1/1 it's a snakebite reported by Posi which made my power band a lot smoother!

PS these things scream!!!

y2kpony

Established Member
I had mine retuned last month and it made 499&511. It does scream and has a lot of low end grunt!

03 deadpool

Established Member
Hey y2k did the previous owner have any work done at stumps garage ? if its the car i think it is awsome car. either way awsome car good luck.

y2kpony

Established Member
Not too shabby. Any plans for a TS? Or TVS?

I would like to get a 2.9 whipple but it will be a long way down the road. This blower screams and I'm afraid I'd miss it. Plus the tq comes on so fast it's crazy. Love it!

03 deadpool

Established Member
Yeah we had my buddys car down there getting it tuned and checked that car out its pretty awsome. Im actually calling justin at vmp to order a tvs tommorow.

Users who are viewing this thread