Any Saltwater/Reef people here? Pics of my new tank

Todd03Blown

Established Member
This is an Elos system mini nano setup. Its a 20gal tank, sump, LED light etc that was shipped in from Italy.

eloselite1.jpg

eloselite2.jpg

eloseliteon.jpg

eloselitetop.jpg

elosmoonlighton.jpg

elosmoonlighton2.jpg

elostankfront.jpg

elostankwitheliteon.jpg

elostankwitheliteon1.jpg

elossump.jpg

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
Looks good

I just got my 40 gallon freshwater tank back up

Got 6 African Cichlids and 1 catfish

The little catfish hides alot - haven't seen him for 2 days

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
looks good i just sold a 210 gallon 6 year old reef tank that was stunning huge corals all sps no lps too much work and money had to sell to get cobra

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I want a fish tank so bad but it so expensive to get a nice one. Ill probably just settle for some gold fish in a pond outside.

boosted306

Established Member
Be prepared to keep an eye on your salinity. Smaller tank will eat up water and raise your salt levels. I will try to post pictures of my 75 later on. I have an oceanic tank stocked with Bamboo Shark, Wolfe Eel, Clowns, Star, and some corrals.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
very very time consuming and expensive i had almost 15,000 in my tank and the only way i would ever own one again is too pay somebody too take care of it but then u will have issues with ur livestock which can be very expensive and aggervating good luck

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
70 gal.. just got most of the live rock in there. It is coming together now. I am also going to be building a Octopus tank soon.

tank.jpg

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
HAHA! Dude, you are screwed! The hobby is SOOOOOO expensive and SOOOOOO adicting! I've been in it for about 2 1/2 years and have spent close to 4k. I have a 60 gal setup.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
i just grab my mask and fins and im off to the beach! i keep a little freshy(20G. Long) because i can never quit the hobby.

i tried to snorkel here in Monterey a few times.. Water is freezing and we have great whites..

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
I was gonna make my 150 gallon a reef tank till i realized that I was looking at around 5k minimum just for live rock/sand/lights/filtration (not including a sump). Then you got chemicals, live stock, cleaning crews, food, ect ect. It adds up really fast. Needless to say the 150 is now a Cichlid tank. As a reef tank I was going to have a Lion, an Angel, and an Eel, then of course the little guys like clowns corals and the cleaning crew

forcefedcobra

Established Member
nice nano. The wife and I have a 75 with our predators and a 50 with our reef stuff. No pics worth posting though. The tanks are both dirty and the wife has let all her coral die because she has been too busy with the little one since he was born.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
I have 110g that I just set up but Im having health problems with fish that I never experienced in my smaller tank. I could sell everythhing right now for half and have about $2500, Im thinking about it :(

Sapperstang

Established Member
i just grab my mask and fins and im off to the beach! i keep a little freshy(20G. Long) because i can never quit the hobby.

When I visited this summer I went to the Kopoho tide pools. Soon as I put my head under water I said WOW!.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I had a 130gl with salt water fish and it was a PAIN! It was also very expensive. I then changed it to a fresh water aquarium.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Well I got my rock from Chris yesterday; 15.5 lbs and 20lbs of live sand. Here is the scape at this time.

rock1.jpg

rock2.jpg

rock3.jpg

rock4.jpg

rock5.jpg

rock6.jpg

rockfront1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread