ANY PORT EATON, upper only on pump gas #'s and times

Freakingstang

Established Member
I've searched and searched and searched until my eyes have bled. I'd like to get a list going and I'd like this to be a mature (no bashing, no BS) thread that applies to EATON M112 blowers only. No M122's.

I would prefer to see upper only combos, but welcome lower's too. No E85 combos. 91-93 octane only.

wet shot #'s and times also welcome, but if you do, please include blower only #'s and times.

Freakingstang

Established Member
Ported eaton cars. ANYTHING ELSE goes. TB and plenum don't matter. I would prefer to see upper only combos, but throw in some lower pump gas combo's too.

Basically I want to see the best #'s and times on pump gas eaton setups. I don't care if it has a Mammoth plenum welded on it. lol

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I made 504 rwhp with my POSI Ported Eaton with a 2.76" upper only on 93 pump gas....4# lower with e85 resulted in 549/570...with a 10.89 at 133 mph with a full weight car!

I truly believe the lower woke up my combo!

Freakingstang

Established Member
I made 504 rwhp with my POSI Ported Eaton with a 2.76" upper only on 93 pump gas....4# lower with e85 resulted in 549/570...with a 10.89 at 133 mph with a full weight car!

I truly believe the lower woke up my combo!

What did it run on pump gas? Did you run it with the lower on 93?

mustang john

Established Member
Search for IronTerp's Eaton lists, he was religious for many years in keeping up a specific list of the fastest Eaton Cobras.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I think my best upper only, crappy port, 93 pass was 11.4x @ 124. That was on 275/40/17 Nitto 555r's. Not the best for traction.

Freakingstang

Established Member
Search for IronTerp's Eaton lists, he was religious for many years in keeping up a specific list of the fastest Eaton Cobras.

yeah I remember the post, even revived it. a lot of guys don't care anymore or have moved on to bigger/better blowers.

I was curious what kind of numbers people had today. Times would validate bogus Dyno numbers.

Im doing a serious port with cutting and welding and only will be on 93. I want to see other HIGH # combos out there. Thats all.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
yeah I remember the post, even revived it. a lot of guys don't care anymore or have moved on to bigger/better blowers.

I was curious what kind of numbers people had today. Times would validate bogus Dyno numbers.

Im doing a serious port with cutting and welding and only will be on 93. I want to see other HIGH # combos out there. Thats all.

Numbers today wont vary much from numbers made years ago, The Eaton combo has been explored as far as it can go and been tried every which way to improve dyno and track numbers. These cars have been on the street and strip for 12 years now. 550rwhp and mid 10s is about as good as it gets in the extreme with a ported Eaton and pump gas street car. Anything faster than that or having higher dyno numbers is either some freak or bogus.

Last edited:

Freakingstang

Established Member
Numbers today wont vary much from numbers made years ago, The Eaton combo has been explored as far as it can go and been tried every which way to improve dyno and track numbers. These cars have been on the street and strip for 12 years now. 550rwhp and mid 10s is about as good as it gets in the extreme with a ported Eaton and pump gas street car. Anything faster than that or having higher dyno numbers is either some freak or bogus.

That;s kind of what I've figured.. even searching for hours on end, I've not found more than a couple 550RW pump gas combos. I'm shooting for that # and everyone says its impossible.

I also haven't seen anyone with a seriously cut and welded inlet. Everyone says the dragon plenum is the best, highest flowing. What about other setups? Custom plenums? welded blower inlet thats been hogged? I think standard off the shelf parts, then yes the eaton has been explored to its limits, but what about thinking outside the box? Maybe i was just dropped on my head too much as a kid but I think there is more in the eatons that people give them credit for.

mustang john

Established Member
The blower itself only flows so much. POSI and Steig did some modified inlets that incorporated welding to give more room to enlarge the inlet. Even with that the numbers are topped out. Some of the fastest Eaton Cobras out there run POSI ports or Steig stg III or IV ports. Steig has since upped it to stg VII and they don't seem to make any better numbers track or dyno that ports from several years ago. I could have eeked out another tenth maybe two with my old Eaton setup given time and tweeking but for me I was satisfied with my accomplishment and decided to move on to bigger and better.

Freakingstang

Established Member
The blower itself only flows so much. POSI and Steig did some modified inlets that incorporated welding to give more room to enlarge the inlet. Even with that the numbers are topped out. Some of the fastest Eaton Cobras out there run POSI ports or Steig stg III or IV ports. Steig has since upped it to stg VII and they don't seem to make any better numbers track or dyno that ports from several years ago. I could have eeked out another tenth maybe two with my old Eaton setup given time and tweeking but for me I was satisfied with my accomplishment and decided to move on to bigger and better.

I know I'm asking for a lot, but any links to welding done by posi or steg? I've tried searching and haven't come up with much. I understand a PD blower can only move so much air but the more air you can get into it....

Users who are viewing this thread