Any owners going to be aggressively shedding weight?

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
So I saw in another thread that there is a 2 piece driveshaft, various dampners on exhaust and trans etc. How much weight could be shed? Any owners going after those areas? Plenty about exhausts, intakes etc etc What about CF driveshafts? Lighter seats? Dumping the dampers on the exhaust and trans?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Some corbeaus, catless full exhaust without dampers, cf/alum shaft, light wheels (non r cars), and a few suspension tweaks should be good for 125lbs on a 350, maybe 75lbs on an r.

Some cars are just built like a tank, these have a lot of weight in the frame/subframes and body/drivetrain.

I think 3500lbs should be an attainable but involved goal. Couple it with 550whp on e85 though, and they'll be pretty damn fun cars

krt22

Established Member
Yeah im looking to drop 35-40lbs on a pretty aggressive schedule, 6 days a week in the gym and a very strict/clean diet

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm 6' and about 215lbs. I will not be shedding any weight, aggressive or otherwise.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Aren't all the seats manual, except for the Electronics Package? There's probably not much, if any, weight to be saved there unless you go for a carbon fiber seat.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Aren't all the seats manual, except for the Electronics Package? There's probably not much, if any, weight to be saved there unless you go for a carbon fiber seat.

Some Corbeau a4's or cr1's would shed about 50-100lbs vs the track or tech seats.

22-26lbs from Corbeau, 52-78lbs from ford iirc.

First thing I'd do (for weight loss) if I had a gt350 would be very light shoes, better brake rotors much like the R, and stickier tires, and keep the stockers for road trips/bad weather. 1pc driveshaft, and a better clutch/possibly flywheel would be close behind.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
$10 says you lose 15lbs and give up.

Challenge-Accepted-Face-01.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Some Corbeau a4's or cr1's would shed about 50-100lbs vs the track or tech seats.

First thing I'd do (for weight loss) if I had a gt350 would be very light shoes, better brake rotors much like the R, and stickier tires, and keep the stockers for road trips/bad weather. 1pc driveshaft, and a better clutch/possibly flywheel would be close behind.

If memory serves, the Corbeau A4s are garbage after a few years. One of the main reasons why I haven't ditched my stock seats yet is because I can't find a good seat made of quality materials. I don't just want it to be light, I want it to look and wear well. The ones that fit that qualification pretty much only come from Recaro and they cost a mint.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If memory serves, the Corbeau A4s are garbage after a few years. One of the main reasons why I haven't ditched my stock seats yet is because I can't find a good seat made of quality materials. I don't just want it to be light, I want it to look and wear well. The ones that fit that qualification pretty much only come from Recaro and they cost a mint.

Recarros are heavy. Their lightest seat is like 35-40lbs without any bells or whistles.

I'm 180lbs, not sure what you or anyone weighs. That, and how you get in/out of the car will dictate how they wear.

Nobody I've talked to has called their corbeaus garbage.

Nothing is likely to be plush/comfy like a stock seat when you go to a race seat, but every Corbeau I've sat in was great/comfy for my tastes.

I haven't installed seats yet in my car because I need to plan it at the same time I do the 6pt and some minor floor pan work. Mainly just lazy.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
Recarros are heavy. Their lightest seat is like 35-40lbs without any bells or whistles.
Someone on BMO weighed the factory GT350 recaros at 49/46lbs, gets heavy with the reclining feature and airbags/sensors.

A fixed back recaro with side brackets and rails is in the 20-25lb range. (seat alone is sub 15lbs)

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I like pizza and beer too much to aggressively shed weight.

The GT350 and 350R have the same brakes except for the color of the calipers. That being said for my 350 trak pack I will be ordering some lighter wheels, rear seat deletes, ditching the crap in the trunk, possibly different seats (have to trick the airbag sensors), resonator deletes, and things alone those lines

Users who are viewing this thread