Any other L.E.O.s slated for layoff?

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
I feel for you guys. I'm not a LEO, but know quite a few. We have had some layoffs here, and hiring freezes. A friend is very high on Seattle's list, but he won't see academy till spring if he's lucky.

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
My department did "Reduction in pay" to a bunch of supervisors. Anyone that was a MPO to P1 was ok. But, they have recently frozen all merit increases for the time being. I got in, and I'm not slated to get another raise for 2 years anyways so I lucked out.

Keep your head up and be positive. I went from the Feds to the local department, and I was freaking out recently because of that (and I have 5 years on). The Feds are a great opportunity, and FLETC is fun. You might want to check that site again.

Good Luck..keep us posted

rubber duck

Established Member
They just cut sgt. and lt. pay raises for this year and cut upper brass salaries by 10% bringing them just above the six figure mark. Hope those guys can still make it.:whine: What's funny is that our administration is fully staffed, while the grunts are suffering. Last midnight I worked at least 25% of roll call was either stripes or bars, pretty soon there's not going to be any indians around, just a bunch of chiefs trying to tell each other what to do. Should be amusing.

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Our department (San Jose Police Department) had a big cut on the upcoming academy class. Originally it was slated to be 65 new hires, then got cut to 40-45. After selecting the class, with a month before the academy was to begin and the budget finally materialized, it was cut further down to 27. Luckily I got in and will be starting up in 9 days!

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
I've applied with the CHP and they are hiring on the continuous basis. Looks like that department is doing fine so long as there are speed racers...

Users who are viewing this thread