Any other automatic GT500's ?

RI GT500

Established Member
I just bought a TVS gen2 for my car and it has a 4R75W with 3:73's and 325 drag radials. I was wondering who else drag races there auto and what to expect. I was hoping for mid 10's.

Coonsnake

Established Member
I've had a 4r100 in my car and now a th400 full race tranny. I also have a friend with a gen 1 TVS gt500 KR, with a 4r100 thats running 10.0s at full weight on drag radials. Think with a convertor swap we can get some 9.7s out of it

Johnny04

Established Member
Has anyone looked at TCI, they have a 6 speed auto for our car. Not cheap, but it is a 6 speed..I know VMP is running it on their gt500.

nix5o

Established Member
I have a 6r80 in my 11. I hope to take it to the track here in the next week or two. I'll post times when I get them.

devilish64

Established Member
have most of you guys pieced your auto swaps together yourselfs?? anybody buy a auto swap kit from anybody?? are we talking like 10K all said and done depending on transmission chosen and options? Thanks im curious

Coonsnake

Established Member
JDM fitted the 4r100 and BTS wired it up to shift automatically. The triangle speed done the th400. BTS now has parts to sell to allow someone to install his BTS trans. You will spend at least 10k if you pay a shop to install it.

fullsyz

Established Member
have most of you guys pieced your auto swaps together yourselfs?? anybody buy a auto swap kit from anybody?? are we talking like 10K all said and done depending on transmission chosen and options? Thanks im curious

Mine was an FB Performance conversion and they have everything so you don't have to piece it all together. And yes, you are talking roughly $10k by the time it's all said and done.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 6r80 in my 11. I hope to take it to the track here in the next week or two. I'll post times when I get them.

Who swapped in the 6R and how are you tuning the car/trans?
Interested to hear your drag results!
-J

RI GT500

Established Member
Im going to the dyno Tue. I'm hoping for 650 rwhp 680 tq. I'm hoping that's enough to get it into the mid 10's. What do you guys think?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Light in the tunnel.

Awesome, they needed to develop this to make the 6R80 work. Come on Baumann!

Got a release e-mail on this last night.

Line pressure control has been the nut to crack and why no controller has been able to make the 6R80 work.

Man, I hope they get something out by late winter.

US Shift Quick 4 Transmission Control System

Featuring REVolution Architecture

Currently supports these popular transmissions:

GM 4L60E, 4L65E, and 4L70E
GM 4L80E, and 4L85E
Ford AOD-E, 4R70W (wide ratio AOD-E), and 4R75
Ford E4OD and 4R100
Ford 4R55E and 4R44E *
Representing the most intensive development project in our company's history, the Quick 4 is the industry standard in electronic transmission control. With all new exclusive features, its design is not evolutionary, but revolutionary.

Advanced algorithms provide the highest level of shift control and synchronization, allowing you to maximize the performance of your combination.
The most advanced torque converter clutch control available, with several actions available during shifts.
Accushift ™ learning capability for the most accurate WOT shift points possible.
Full line pressure control for each individual shift, providing superior shift quality. Adjustable throttle lift delay, overdrive shift delay, and ballistic throttle effect.
Burnout mode prevents upshifts while "pedaling" the throttle.
Up to 4 pre-loaded shift calibrations able to be selected on the fly.
FLEX-SHIFT ™ Shifter re-mapping capability.
Metric Support.
Transmission slip detection.
100hz high-resolution data logging.
Dedicated 4wd options and features.
And many more cutting-edge features seen here.

1ulost2

Established Member
any updates on the 6r80 controller?? i have one but not sure if i wanna let it collect dust for somebody to figure out the line pressure issue

cotten

Established Member
I have no info. I have been checking their website. And it said it was released for sale on Dec 23rd. I hope some company like pbth, revanracing, or VMP can come up with some type of combo kit to make this a doable swap for the average weekend racer guy. From what i understand, It's easier to put a Gt500 engine into an automatic GT than to put a auto in a GT500 right now. That's just damn ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread