Any one work in the IT field?

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I was looking into diffrent schools becuase I want to get into eletronic/ networking engineering I guess you would call it that. What would be a good school to look into I have alot of skill well, self tought skill in fixing my own comp and i'm a good problem solver. I love computers and I already went to school for the graphics end of it and thats not really my calling per say.I was looking at ITT tech but I basically would want to get my foot atleast in the door and go from there. Hopefully someone could offer me some insight so I don't waste my money and time on a school thats not going to be beneficial to me. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated, Joe. :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Mrcobraguy said:
I was looking into diffrent schools becuase I want to get into eletronic/ networking engineering I guess you would call it that. What would be a good school to look into I have alot of skill well, self tought skill in fixing my own comp and i'm a good problem solver. I love computers and I already went to school for the graphics end of it and thats not really my calling per say.I was looking at ITT tech but I basically would want to get my foot atleast in the door and go from there. Hopefully someone could offer me some insight so I don't waste my money and time on a school thats not going to be beneficial to me. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated, Joe. :beer:

Take classes at one of the U of MD satellite campuses. Decide on what you want (sounds like you're looking for an electrical engineering degree??) and go with it. That's the way I'd do it.

By the way, maybe it's just my organization but the majority of EE majors end up becoming software engineers/programmers... Just a thought.

I already have a Computer Science degree, but I will be heading back to the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland to get an MBA. Thanks to my wonderful company, I will be reimbursed for it too!!

Just my $.02 :beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I agree with Sean here. I have a CS Degree, with a minor in bidness from that school you just mentioned ;). But most of the guys at my company that program were either EE or CE majors, and all of the hardware guys were EE.

Everyone I know that went to ITT couldn't find a job since the market is a little flooded right now. Definately shoot for a degree from a university, it's more work but it'll be worth it.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
I agree with Sean here. I have a CS Degree, with a minor in bidness from that school you just mentioned ;). But most of the guys at my company that program were either EE or CE majors, and all of the hardware guys were EE.

Everyone I know that went to ITT couldn't find a job since the market is a little flooded right now. Definately shoot for a degree from a university, it's more work but it'll be worth it.

Wierd, I have a CS Degree/Business minor too.... As I've said before... You and I are too similar... It scares me :-D

NickF1011

Established Member
I'm in IT. Have an AAS from AACC in Network Management. Working on a BS in Computer Studies at UMUC. Online classes rock. :rockon:

Our company may be hiring a few interns soon in my department (client support). I'll keep you posted if you'd like, if that sounds like something you'd be interested in.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
UMUC! I graduated from there with a degree in Computer & Information Science. It's a very good school. Dwight is also an alumni of UMUC and Sierwan will be very soon. :beer:

03cobragirl

Go Ravens!!
Established Member
I will graduate from UMUC in December with a degree in Computer and Information Science. :pepper: I have been working in IT over 7 years. The classes have been a breeze for the most part.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

not about school, but I am trying to find an IT person for network admin(CTO) with web design experience to take my place in my company.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Wierd, I have a CS Degree/Business minor too.... As I've said before... You and I are too similar... It scares me :-D

I don't blame you, if I were like me, I'd be scared to. Actually... :idea: I am like me. Now I'm scared... :banana:

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
wow, didn't realize how many people here worked in this field. Theres so many places that I could go and don't want to waste my time and money like I did with my graphics classes. I am actualy rather t'ed off at the place that I went too and don't want waste another year that I could have applied to getting a degree. Like I said I haven't worked in the field just have messed around with my computer and I know that I would like it. I just generaly like to fix things, especially when it gives me a challenge and i've always been Fascinated by electronics and how they work. I dunno my search continues but i've got to hurry up so I can sign up for classes. Thanks for the insight I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread