Any one else dipping into the stock market right now?

oldmodman

Established Member

I always buy on the Monday morning drop. Yesterday (Monday) I bought B of A, QQQQ, and RFMD. Sold them all this morning (Tuesday) for a substantial profit. I was up 37,684.37 today. And all those stock are sold and banked.
If I had held them just another three hours I could have banked another 8500.00, but I am firm believer in getting out while you are still up. Now I will just wait for Obama or his finance minister to open their mouth and drive the market down again. Then I will buy again.

My main suggestion is to never hold any stocks on a Friday and Monday. The Market seems to plummet on rumors of who will declare bad news over the weekend.

But I am not always correct. Some weeks I never get to buy, and some weeks I am never in profit. Take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Up 44% on citi and 30% on GE in less than 7 days. It's risky but you can make some quick money if you do some research.

not as much as i do with gold. I had about 15 ounces of it when it was at 700, i ended up selling it a month ago when it hit 1100, made a KILLING off of it :beer:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
not as much as i do with gold. I had about 15 ounces of it when it was at 700, i ended up selling it a month ago when it hit 1100, made a KILLING off of it :beer:

Gold is a solid investment! Right now I think it's a little high. I wouldn't jump in. If you have some money to play with stocks are at a all time low and you can definatly come out on top short or long term if you are smart.

mustangless

Established Member
I have never done anything in the stock market. I am thinking about getting in. I don't know if I trust this current turn around though. :shrug:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You should have kept it til this morning and sold at like 3.70

I got in at 1.61 and 2.42...although maybe I should have sold at 3.70 because now its gone down since then. But then again, I dont really know what I'm doing :) lol

JD

Don't worry, people are just taking their profits. It'll cycle back up. The trade vol on Citi over the past few days has been crazy. I saw that it crossed 1 billion yesterday.

Champipple

Established Member
Siri

Just got SIRI at .14, just after Liberty loan. Doubled up Tuesday, but held on. Hoping on long term gain with I-Phone Apps and tv/music bundle news...

Any thoughts?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I've taken hellish losses, but I upped my contributions to 20% of my gross to make up for it. Also opened a Roth IRA to have more investment choices and because it's better protected from the government when I sell. If they change the rules on back end taxing on the Roth, I'm going after someone. I'm mostly interested in ETF's, oil, commodities and shorting US long bonds outside of my 401k.

Last edited:

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Just got a job at Best Buy, we get 15% off their stocks if we want to buy. Thinking about getting involved. Im not a stock expert or anything but do you guys think buying stocks from Best Buy would be a good investment?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
You should have kept it til this morning and sold at like 3.70

I got in at 1.61 and 2.42...although maybe I should have sold at 3.70 because now its gone down since then. But then again, I dont really know what I'm doing :) lol

JD

I've bought and sold it 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

mcdover

Established Member
Check out FITB. IMHO, it will at least DOUBLE in the very short term (1-3 months). I made good money off of Fannie Mae.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
We're up 89% with the Ford and Citigroup stock we purchased in the past month.

I picked up 2000 shares of Ford at $1.25, and was looking at Citi at the same time when it was $.97. Wish I had jumped on the Citi also, both are up in the $3/share range...

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread