Any one else dipping into the stock market right now?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I lost my ass last year but I see some real values out there. My gains over the last 6 years far out weigh my losses. Anyone else buying stuff up right now?

Coiled03

Established Member
I never quit, so I guess the answer is yeah, I'm buying stuff up.

oldmodman

Established Member
Yes.

In the last two weeks I have bought and sold the QQQQ's four times. No losses. Profits banked so far are $4,178.45

But in this market I never hold anything over a weekend. Since most horrible news comes out then.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Maybe I should look into this a bit more. I could stand to make a little extra money and I just met a girl that is a stock sales associate for Merril Lynch.

LSUstang05

Established Member
If I had some disposable income I would be dipping into the market right now. To me, it looks as if the market is trying to find a bottom. I know it's early, but yesterday we saw decent gains (only to be lost at the tail end of the day) and today the market is doing decently. I don't think the market drops exponentially further, but Friday is going to be a HUGE day with some big reports coming out. We will see if the market is really trying to find a bottom on Friday and Monday IMO

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Picked up GE @ 6.23 a share today:uh oh:

I'm willing to gamble that it will climb back up soon.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Picked up GE @ 6.23 a share today:uh oh:

I'm willing to gamble that it will climb back up soon.

I thought about it, but will wait. They are likely to lose their AAA credit rating in the near future, which will definitely send the stock down some more.

I'll buy then. My taget buy in is $5.25 to 5.50.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I thought about it, but will wait. They are likely to lose their AAA credit rating in the near future, which will definitely send the stock down some more.

I'll buy then. My taget buy in is $5.25 to 5.50.

I plan to buy more if it drops.....@ 6.23 it was too tempting.

jasil

Established Member
I'm putting away 3k/month between the wife and I right now in the stock market.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I plan to buy more if it drops.....@ 6.23 it was too tempting.

You can't really go wrong either way. I'll probably buy on the way down when it passes $6. People are going to freak out and WAY over sell this stock when they lose their AAA rating. That's when I'm jumping in.

In these crazy times I'm only holding for a pretty short time, (no long term stuff right now), so every $0.25 makes a pretty big difference.

Last edited:

rudyyr

Established Member
buying some stuff too..ford is really cheap right now and I believe they will bounce back in several years..

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
If i had the funds, i'd likely be buying into some stocks right now. However, with everything as unstable as it is, it's a gamble i just can't bring myself to place :shrug:

More power to those who have the funds to lose tho!

blueovalfan

Established Member
I've been thinking about trying to throw my hat in the ring but I have ZERO experience with it, if I walk into an investment firm with $1500 will I look like a retard? What does it take to get started? I've been thinking about going with ford because the stock is cheap right now and they have some REALLY nice stuff coming out soon and I think they are going to turn around in about a year or so, what do you EXPERIENCED guys think?

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Sign up online and you can play with it yourself. Lol I havent even looked at my accounts in a few weeks (and dont want to) I have GE as well, but lets just say I paid alot more. Lol and I bought after Warren Buffett bought in and got his for $22 a share or whatever it was. Oh well, I wont be retiring for a lot of years and still have thousands of shares of a bunch of things.

Users who are viewing this thread