any of you guys not getting a 350 anymore now that the zl1 is out?

liter of cola

Established Member
Yeah,.....at least you got it in "lock down". lol

For sure, im happy i got my 17' locked in early.

Congrats man. Its definitely one of the nicest looking / best performing cars under 100k

Thanks man.
yeah I have always paid supplier on my Vett's, supplier on my Zl1, strait invoice on my hellcat as it was exempt from friends and family or affiliate pricing. so these cars that people pay over MSRP for make me scratch my head. I mean I made money on my hellcat. I could not have made hardly anything if I had paid msrp or over.

I am glad I never found a deal on a 16 GT350 because the option set on a 17 is better but I don't yet have a line on 17 but have been lazy for the last couple months as I have been trying to get my truck sorted out so focus has been off cars.

the pricing on the GT350 has really had me contemplating throwing a couple hair dryers at an auto 15 gt as I have a feeling price vs speed it might be fun. I wish my daughters were not so young I would just get another vette as I can get deals all day long on those ha ha.

U need to jump on a zo6 w/ the zo7 package. Dont sleep on it! What does your kids being young have to do with it? U can fit one in the passenger seat and one in the trunk :)

One of my friends always uses the fact that he has a kid for the reason he wont buy a mustang. Shit if i had a kid and could only have one car i swear i'd still have a mustang. Thats why they come with back seats anyways they are for kids. If u dont have kids rear seat delete... Asap :-D

Last edited:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
alright guys... its official. just put a deposit down on a gt350. i just like the s550 overall as a car better than this camaro. i test drove an ss and it's nice and all but i just like the whole design of the mustang better.

order's on its way to the kitchen .... 2017 magnetic w/ white stripes and the car cover. track pack is included for 2017 so no extras for me. :coolman:

Congrats, local dealer?

Can this thread be closed now ;)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
interesting text between me and a friend of mine that loves his charger's and challenger's after i had seen about 6 gt350's for like $80k lol. Anyone know if this is true? This is what ford needs to do, asap.View attachment 64464

No they did not. I visited five of the largest dodge dealers in SoCal last summer. Every single HC had a 15k+ msrp ask on them.

BlownAway03

Established Member
interesting text between me and a friend of mine that loves his charger's and challenger's after i had seen about 6 gt350's for like $80k lol. Anyone know if this is true? This is what ford needs to do, asap.View attachment 64464

That is so ridiculous it's funny. Tell your friend he should be ashamed for reporting such news. What they were supposed to do was skip dealers who still had a car sitting at the next allocation, which may have worked if people didn't pay the markup anyway. During 2015 there was such confusion and demand that didn't even work. What I do like about what Dodge did is they doubled production for 2016 Hellcats. That has forced many dealers to now sell at msrp because there is no shortage of supply anymore. They also gave $5000 vouchers to almost 1000 customer that were screwed last year by dealers that took their orders but really had no allocation. Dodge wants their cars in the hands of real drivers. Ford wants theirs in the hands of collectors evidently.

93oh

Established Member
Who cares Dodge just was blown off their pedestal in any event. With 10 speed trans if you want fastest car now it won't be a Hellcat... Thank Chevy for that. So the one trick just became less of a draw if that was your only reason to buy the Dodge.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Who cares Dodge just was blown off their pedestal in any event. With 10 speed trans if you want fastest car now it won't be a Hellcat... Thank Chevy for that. So the one trick just became less of a draw if that was your only reason to buy the Dodge.

The ZL1 won't be faster than the HC.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You think not? I wouldn't wager my lunch money on that. It will be.

We're talking 1320 right?

The zl1 or the z28 have never lived up to expectations. It's going to be designed for the track which will cost 60ft. It will still have less power to weight than the 13 GT500.

On a road course you're right the zl1 will smoke the HC.

93oh

Established Member
The Cadillac ran 11.40 with 8 speed and street tires and the ZL1 is what 500 pounds lighter with two extra cogs? Yeah, don't bet on Challenger in the 1320.

BlownAway03

Established Member

You can't be serious. Who cares? There's been increasingly faster and better handling cars coming out for years now. I guess I should just wait until 2030 and see what's out then? I buy the car I want when I want. The Hellcat is a freaking beast. I bought it because it's a wonderful vehicle for what it is and I think Dodge did something special with that car. If a ZL1 is faster in a straight line, so be it. The Hellcat weighs 4400lbs and can run 10's from the factory. I'm fine with that. I don't tie my emotions up in cars and am not a fanboy.

liter of cola

Established Member
Congrats, local dealer?

Can this thread be closed now ;)

Not local... Dealers out in missouri.

That is so ridiculous it's funny. Tell your friend he should be ashamed for reporting such news. What they were supposed to do was skip dealers who still had a car sitting at the next allocation, which may have worked if people didn't pay the markup anyway. During 2015 there was such confusion and demand that didn't even work. What I do like about what Dodge did is they doubled production for 2016 Hellcats. That has forced many dealers to now sell at msrp because there is no shortage of supply anymore. They also gave $5000 vouchers to almost 1000 customer that were screwed last year by dealers that took their orders but really had no allocation. Dodge wants their cars in the hands of real drivers. Ford wants theirs in the hands of collectors evidently.

I was skeptical... Idk where the shit some ppl get there info, smh

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
What did the Corvette gain going from 6spd auto to 8 spd auto in '15? NOTHING. The 10 spd won't add anything in a straight line on an engine making so much tq.

I'm sure it will add better performance on a road course and, it's main purpose, better MPG's though, I'll give it that.

93oh

Established Member
What did the Corvette gain going from 6spd auto to 8 spd auto in '15? NOTHING. The 10 spd won't add anything in a straight line on an engine making so much tq.

I'm sure it will add better performance on a road course and, it's main purpose, better MPG's though, I'll give it that.

The Corvette went 11s as a result of the 8 speed on street tires.. So was worth few tenths now if anyone thinks they did not make sure this car can leapfrog ahead of the Hellcat they had both GT 350 and Hellcat in their sights.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
The Corvette went 11s as a result of the 8 speed on street tires.. So was worth few tenths now if anyone thinks they did not make sure this car can leapfrog ahead of the Hellcat they had both GT 350 and Hellcat in their sights.
You can't have an actual discussion when you base your statements on lies. The fastest C7, 2 of the top 3, and 5 of the top 7 C7's are all '14 6 spd cars.

Please stop spewing nonsense, that's how false information spreads.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Still can't understand out how people can say one car will be faster than the other when one of those said cars isn't in production yet??!
**scratching head :??:
lmmfao
I look forward to seeing the new ZL1 take on the Hellcat. A drag race of both cars with the M6 and the other drag race, both with the automatics.

93oh

Established Member
You can't have an actual discussion when you base your statements on lies. The fastest C7, 2 of the top 3, and 5 of the top 7 C7's are all '14 6 spd cars.

Please stop spewing nonsense, that's how false information spreads.

If you follow that forum, as I have a Callaway 616 I do you'll find those guys listed have had multiple vettes and are faster period on each year Vette. And if you look at posted times the a8 is consistently fast(er) especially without the driver mod. Here's your false information, the 10 speed ZL 1 I'll bet you goes 11.3 or better and with dr goes 10s easy. Read about the CTS V last shootout it nicked hellcat charger by a tenth or two (admittedly in a magazine) but the ZL 1 transmission will keep the car in the meat of the power and I'm confident will be very very fast. Would I trade anything to have it no..

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
If you follow that forum, as I have a Callaway 616 I do you'll find those guys listed have had multiple vettes and are faster period on each year Vette. And if you look at posted times the a8 is consistently fast(er) especially without the driver mod. Here's your false information, the 10 speed ZL 1 I'll bet you goes 11.3 or better and with dr goes 10s easy. Read about the CTS V last shootout it nicked hellcat charger by a tenth or two (admittedly in a magazine) but the ZL 1 transmission will keep the car in the meat of the power and I'm confident will be very very fast. Would I trade anything to have it no..

I have no idea what the ZL1 will run, it may run 10's or whatever, I'm not disputing that at all.

The only thing I'm disputing is that the 10 spd will make no difference in a straight line. In an inline turbo 4, yes the gearing will definitely help. But with an engine making as much tq as the LT4 makes, the added gearing will not do much help. Not even any of the reviews listed any discernable difference in straight line performance.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
We shall see in short order. If it keeps the car in meat of powerband it will make a difference. And with no discernible boost bleed to shift the car will be very fast in straight line.

liter of cola

Established Member
Everyone knows the zl1 will be seriously fast because of how well the recent camaros handle. So one can assume that the zl1 will hook some serious corner g's and being 200lbs lighter and haveing 640hp... Its a no brainer. It will be faster than a lot of things out here now. I think it will rape hellcats on the 1320, i think it would be a more interesting roll race.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread