any of you guys not getting a 350 anymore now that the zl1 is out?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing against the GT350 car at all, as I would love to order/own a GT350R, but those engines issues are a scary thing. Even with the new car/warranty and all. I wouldn't want to go through that.
4 engine failures so far that I am aware of.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think it fair to say that there are more than four as not everyone is web savvy.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Nothing against the GT350 car at all, as I would love to order/own a GT350R, but those engines issues are a scary thing. Even with the new car/warranty and all. I wouldn't want to go through that.

Do you realize the testing that all ford motors have to pass before they will get the sign off. They are a hell of a lot stronger than you'll ever put them through.

krt22

Established Member
I think it fair to say that there are more than four as not everyone is web savvy.
Agreed, but its also true the squeeky wheel gets the grease. A lot of folks who wouldnt normally post on the internet, might go out of their way to do so when they have a problem

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you realize the testing that all ford motors have to pass before they will get the sign off. They are a hell of a lot stronger than you'll ever put them through.

Okay, I have to get this off my chest, I own a Ford. I'm not a Ford fanboy, or any make "fanboy" for that matter. I'm not crapping on the GT350. (I hope that is not the impression I am giving off here.)
As I stated earlier, I really would love a GT350R car. I'm holding out for the GT500. But I will say, that Lightning Blue GT350R with the black stripes and red outline looks disgustingly awesome.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I am on the fence. I think I like the looks of the GT350 for sure but I think the zl1 is going to murder it in performance. if the base GT350 with track pack is not as fast as the outgoing z28 and you have to buy and R to best it I have a feeling it's going to be like a one legged man in ass kicking contest in 1/4 mile and lap time. the car is lighter, more powerful, the ss did well so there is not reason to think the car won't perform.

price to me is also big. If I could buy a 2017 GT350 at a good deal I think I will get it. if they won't deal and I could get a 2017 zl1 at supplier pirce I will buy it.

that front grill is gay but grills change out. the rear spoiler I like less than a blade but they change out as well.

I had the last flop zl1 and none of my mustang buddies could keep up on a curvy real road. it was 585 at the wheels. the balance was better not everyone is pro on a closed course. I am a marginal driver as well so I have can put football fields between you and me it no my driving. there were all cars that could roll right with me in not beat me in a drag race. the mag ride was just magic on a real road with surface imperfections.

this time they both have mag ride though so that why me liking looks of the GT350 better makes me want it. I just will never pay MSRP for a car so there in lies the dilemma.

I'm with you in msrp. I too, can get supplier pricing on Chevys. If you're cross shopping these vehicles, the ZL1 is a clear winner if they offer it at supplier pricing soon enough. I've never paid msrp either, even on my Hellcat which some folks said couldn't be done. I was in the market for a 350, but just got tired of the riff raff.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member

How many C6 Z06s window'd the block during track use??

krt22

Established Member
More than should have. But, what does that have to do with this car and is it acceptable because the C6Z had engine issues?
I think the main point is premature engine failures happen to all cars, especially high HP versions. Its just silly when fanbois point out whats going on in camp A and turn a blind eye to whats going on in their camp

liter of cola

Established Member
alright guys... its official. just put a deposit down on a gt350. i just like the s550 overall as a car better than this camaro. i test drove an ss and it's nice and all but i just like the whole design of the mustang better.

order's on its way to the kitchen .... 2017 magnetic w/ white stripes and the car cover. track pack is included for 2017 so no extras for me. :coolman:

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
How many C6 Z06s window'd the block during track use??
I have no idea bro? Should I Google it?
None of the cars in question have been to the track,.....or so it has been said/posted. lol

alright guys... its official. just put a deposit down on a gt350. i just like the s550 overall as a car better than this camaro. i test drove an ss and it's nice and all but i just like the whole design of the mustang better.
order's on its way to the kitchen .... 2017 magnetic w/ white stripes and the car cover. track pack is included for 2017 so no extras for me. :coolman:
Congrats!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

What was your OTD?

liter of cola

Established Member
What was your OTD?

msrp + $200 administrative fee. order banks for the 2017's open on monday so i guess we'll find out what the msrp is then. here's hoping they dont pull a nissan and hike up the price 40k. lmao, that would blow and i'd have to abandon my deposit, but im guessing they gonna be 56-58k for a base car with the options i got OTD at msrp since track pack is now included. that's not including state tax of course.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
I have no idea bro? Should I Google it?
None of the cars in question have been to the track,.....or so it has been said/posted. lol

Congrats!

thanks man, im so hype.... prolly gonna be like a year before i see her but im still hype!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
msrp + $200 administrative fee. order banks for the 2017's open on monday so i guess we'll find out what the msrp is then. here's hoping they dont pull a nissan and hike up the price 40k. lmao, that would blow and i'd have to abandon my deposit, but im guessing they gonna be 56-58k for a base car with the options i got OTD at msrp since track pack is now included. that's not including state tax of course.

Congrats man. Its definitely one of the nicest looking / best performing cars under 100k

hognutz

Established Member
I'm with you in msrp. I too, can get supplier pricing on Chevys. If you're cross shopping these vehicles, the ZL1 is a clear winner if they offer it at supplier pricing soon enough. I've never paid msrp either, even on my Hellcat which some folks said couldn't be done. I was in the market for a 350, but just got tired of the riff raff.

yeah I have always paid supplier on my Vett's, supplier on my Zl1, strait invoice on my hellcat as it was exempt from friends and family or affiliate pricing. so these cars that people pay over MSRP for make me scratch my head. I mean I made money on my hellcat. I could not have made hardly anything if I had paid msrp or over.

I am glad I never found a deal on a 16 GT350 because the option set on a 17 is better but I don't yet have a line on 17 but have been lazy for the last couple months as I have been trying to get my truck sorted out so focus has been off cars.

the pricing on the GT350 has really had me contemplating throwing a couple hair dryers at an auto 15 gt as I have a feeling price vs speed it might be fun. I wish my daughters were not so young I would just get another vette as I can get deals all day long on those ha ha.

liter of cola

Established Member
interesting text between me and a friend of mine that loves his charger's and challenger's after i had seen about 6 gt350's for like $80k lol. Anyone know if this is true? This is what ford needs to do, asap. image.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread