Any of yall got this setup ??

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
Thinking about dropping a 427 in my car then hitting it with nitrous, just wondering if anyone has this setup.....if you do give details, and what trans you got.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Provide more details about your goals, and how much power you're looking to make. Is the 427 your only focus?

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Really? I can't think of any reason why you would want to do that unless you just have a ton of time and money and want something different. In which case you can get more original than a 427. This sounds like a pipe dream to me.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I had a 91 coupe with a 408 stroker with a reverse manual VB C4 with a ratchet shifter. It was a stump puller. If you want a fun car to play in then that's your ticket, from 10-15mph it would blow smoke off the 275 BFG tires till the speedo was reading 100+mph(the car would be going about 30mph, lol). I measured several 300+ foot long stripes that it made from a low role. It scared the hell out of everyone that rode in it. Not that it was stupid fast, but it was a beast, it was the whole ambiance of the vehicle, Loud, fast, constantly shook, etc. It was a ton of fun. It shook, woke the neighbors, scared small children and animals, and sounded like it wanted to kill everything around it. But it got 8mpg, ran on 91/112 mix, didn't like to start when it was hot(not sure why, would start just fine when it was -10 outside but not if it was 80*), it ran hot, was not very comfortable for long drives, and there was always something that needed to be fixed or tweeked. That said, if you want something to drive, get decent MPG, be civil, etc. then go a different route. IF you want a beast to play with and not care if you have to fix it then go with a 408/427.

Word to the wise, dont go 427 with a stock windsor motor, they like to break when you put a crank with that much stroke in them. It causes extra harmonics throughout the block causing it to crack. 408 is what they like.

Last edited:

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
Provide more details about your goals, and how much power you're looking to make. Is the 427 your only focus?

Well I was thinking about a built 427 small block. I want a badass pro street car making 800+ hp. Im getting ready to build my car this fall, and really dont know what i wanna do. I got friends telling me to do this and that, but idk. I got a friend with a small block chevy making 530 on motor and then a 300 shot of nitrous making over 800 hp...street car, he can drive the **** out the car and it never over heats, gas mileage sucks but who gives a **** bout that.

Svt Fox

Established Member
Well I was thinking about a built 427 small block. I want a badass pro street car making 800+ hp. Im getting ready to build my car this fall, and really dont know what i wanna do. I got friends telling me to do this and that, but idk. I got a friend with a small block chevy making 530 on motor and then a 300 shot of nitrous making over 800 hp...street car, he can drive the **** out the car and it never over heats, gas mileage sucks but who gives a **** bout that.

There is a way to have the best of both worlds with less cubic inches and still retain creature comforts like reliability.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Sounds like the pipe dream of a high schooler with some very menial knowledge of whats what.

You drive a modern muscle car. Use parts that are legit and based around the car you have. Stick with a modular motor and boost that bitch. Throw on a nice big snail and fab your own shit.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
While that does sound fun, why not just sell your car and build a fox car if you're wanting to go that route?

Machdup1

Established Member
Thinking about dropping a 427 in my car then hitting it with nitrous, just wondering if anyone has this setup.....if you do give details, and what trans you got.

Do you have $15k to $25k and the tools and knowledge to install and maintain this setup, if so, go for it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Terminator swap! Forget about the 427. You're looking to make big power reliably so cubic inches shouldn't be the deciding factor. An '03 - '04 Cobra motor with a twin screw or turbo (and T-56) will meet your needs and then some. JMO.

Fuerza

Established Member
Sounds like the pipe dream of a high schooler with some very menial knowledge of whats what.

You drive a modern muscle car. Use parts that are legit and based around the car you have. Stick with a modular motor and boost that bitch. Throw on a nice big snail and fab your own shit.

lol, I must agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread