Any Northern NJ Mustang owners?

Woody6799

Established Member
everyone here on FB should like "Cars and Coffee Lehigh Valley" so that next year we can roll in strong. Looks like good size get togethers.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Ok so the planned track day at Island never went down due to rain and fog. Good news is I'm going to try again this Sunday Nov. 24th. Going with roughly 5 others. All welcome to join. Please join so we can all meet and shoot the shit. :beer:

Joey8

Established Member
What time does the track open on Sunday and what time you guys going down. 2012 gt here out of randolph..

Youre pretty close man, im in North Caldwell. I think im gonna meet up with blk03cobra and head down to the track together. This is gonna be my absolute first time at the track ever. I really have no idea what im doing but it'll be interesting to see what I run. Anyone have any tips from staging, burnouts, launching, and all that jazz??:??::??:

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
What time does the track open on Sunday and what time you guys going down. 2012 gt here out of randolph..
Nice! Lets git er dun! Opens at 10am. Waiting on my friends at work to confirm. I predict we will roll in around opening.

Youre pretty close man, im in North Caldwell. I think im gonna meet up with blk03cobra and head down to the track together. This is gonna be my absolute first time at the track ever. I really have no idea what im doing but it'll be interesting to see what I run. Anyone have any tips from staging, burnouts, launching, and all that jazz??:??::??:

You'll be fine man! We all start out as beginners at some point. Hell I'm still learning lol! With street tires just drive around water puddle and wait to line up. Then when it's time, line up at the staging beams until top 2 pair of yellow lights shine. Then wait for them to run down to green.After that HAUL ASS! We'll chat more at the track.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Too bad someone cant start a monthly meet somewhere. A few years back, us Subaru guys would have a monthly meet at a Fuddruckers

*late reply*

I still do this all the time (bridgewater) with the panther platform people, I probably tried to pitch the idea on here once but we can all see how far that went.

Woody6799

Established Member
I cant make the 24th bc I will be working. I will keep checking here trying to get in on something though

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I cant make the 24th bc I will be working. I will keep checking here trying to get in on something though

Well you're in luck cause there are a few more track events at Island before closing for the season. Check the site. I may go more times. :-D

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
North Jersey here went to Island 2 weeks ago rained when I was half way there I made the trip anyways to check it out. I was surprised by what I saw but I hear it's all good. I might go this weekend as well depending on weather. Maybe Atco or Island we'll see.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
North Jersey here went to Island 2 weeks ago rained when I was half way there I made the trip anyways to check it out. I was surprised by what I saw but I hear it's all good. I might go this weekend as well depending on weather. Maybe Atco or Island we'll see.

Nice man! The more the merrier. This weekend's weather should be dry, but a little on the cold side. Other than that it should be fine. I'm getting a small group together. You should come join us. :beer:

Joey8

Established Member
Nice man! The more the merrier. This weekend's weather should be dry, but a little on the cold side. Other than that it should be fine. I'm getting a small group together. You should come join us. :beer:

Shoot me a text with the meeting place and time when you know for sure! :beer:

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Well it seems weather is not our friend today. All tracks were shut down due to wind and cold.:nonono: Only choice is to reschedule. Island is open on both Black Friday 6:30-10:30pm and Sunday Dec.1st from 10am-4pm. Let's try to shoot for those dates. :thumbsup:

fulanititoo8198

Established Member

Thanks just let me when and where...

ATCO closed , Island closed haha I wouldn't have gone anyways it would have been stupid to try to get traction on street tires with these temps.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Last weekend was rain and it's cold as a witch's tit this one...

You got that right. I couldn't believe how cold it was till I went out to run some errands. The layers I had on did shit. Cold went right through lol!

Thanks just let me when and where...

ATCO closed , Island closed haha I wouldn't have gone anyways it would have been stupid to try to get traction on street tires with these temps.

Totally agree. It just would have been real uncomfortable as well. Wind and cold combo pelting your face. Screw that! At least we have a few more chances.

breoland

Established Member
new york chiming in here...have a 2009 gt500 and an 04 svt focus
down for meets...i spend some time out in south jersey

keep me posted on the were abouts

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
new york chiming in here...have a 2009 gt500 and an 04 svt focus
down for meets...i spend some time out in south jersey

keep me posted on the were abouts

Cool another potential member :-D Great to meet you man! I would love to see that GT500 or focus in action. The focus would be perfect for next season's autocross events. I was eventually going to mention that and try to round people up for that as well hehe! They don't begin again till spring. But in the meantime try and come to Island with us this Friday or Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be nicer to us.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Alright guys so here's the deal. Since I am relentless about trying to get a successful drag racing outing completed, I'm planning another attempt for this Sunday (Dec.1st). I am going to Island in Great Meadows, NJ. Let's get this one going fellas!. So far I got Joey8 and mostly likely my 3 buddies from before as well. Whoever is down, let me know. :beer:

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I was just an Island today it went down to 25 deg and I feel sick haha Car did nothing but spin felt pretty dangerous. Nice little track it was my first time there. I would go Sunday but on call 7a-3p. Good luck.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I was just an Island today it went down to 25 deg and I feel sick haha Car did nothing but spin felt pretty dangerous. Nice little track it was my first time there. I would go Sunday but on call 7a-3p. Good luck.

Oh really? haha! Guess that was to be expected. I think it won't be as cold tomorrow so maybe I'll get lucky. This will be my second time there. Not a bad place from what I remember. You definitely get your runs. Next Sunday is their last event. If enough people go to that, I may go as well. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread