Any Northern NJ Mustang owners?

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Awesome time at Island on Sunday. Temps were pretty decent given the recent patterns. Still had some wheel spin, but got 8 runs! I would never get that from E-town. It would take me a whole season to get that many lol! Great meeting you Joey8! It was an awesome time. :beer: Let's do it again. Maybe this Sunday if the weather holds.

Woody6799

Established Member
Im glad some people are showing up to this thread. I will definitely be around in the spring but mine is hibernating at this point, too many deer. I have some parts to order and some work to do this winter to get it in athlete shape for the spring. Good job keeping this together Venom!

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Im glad some people are showing up to this thread. I will definitely be around in the spring but mine is hibernating at this point, too many deer. I have some parts to order and some work to do this winter to get it in athlete shape for the spring. Good job keeping this together Venom!

Thanks buddy! I definitely hope to see you in the spring. It would be awesome to have our little own svtp North Jersey meet up. Sounds good about your modding plans. What parts are you getting? According to your profile you have a 94 GT. Is that your ride? I'm always curious when it comes to making tweaks. It's like crack to a junkie for me hehe! :-D

Last edited:

Joey8

Established Member
Awesome time at Island on Sunday. Temps were pretty decent given the recent patterns. Still had some wheel spin, but got 8 runs! I would never get that from E-town. It would take me a whole season to get that many lol! Great meeting you Joey8! It was an awesome time. :beer: Let's do it again. Maybe this Sunday if the weather holds.

Yeah man thanks for exposing me to the strip. It was a hell of a goodtime. Next Sunday if we make it out there I'm gonna try to run with my tc off. seems like after watching the videos my engine was bogging bad because of the tc kicking it due to wheelspin. Hopefully with the tc off it will let the engine rev and not bog. It was great meeting you. Keep in touch and we will try Togo Sunday weather permitting! :rockon:

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Yeah man thanks for exposing me to the strip. It was a hell of a goodtime. Next Sunday if we make it out there I'm gonna try to run with my tc off. seems like after watching the videos my engine was bogging bad because of the tc kicking it due to wheelspin. Hopefully with the tc off it will let the engine rev and not bog. It was great meeting you. Keep in touch and we will try Togo Sunday weather permitting! :rockon:

Glad you had as much fun as I did. That pesky TC has snagged a lot of people out there such as me. No shame in making rookie mistakes. We all do them as beginners and just get better as we progress.:beer: Can't wait for next Sunday. It might be cold, but at least we can get those last runs in to hold us over till next season. :thumbsup:

Woody6799

Established Member
Thanks buddy! I definitely hope to see you in the spring. It would be awesome to have our little own svtp North Jersey meet up. Sounds good about your modding plans. What parts are you getting? According to your profile you have a 94 GT. Is that your ride? I'm always curious when it comes to making tweaks. It's like crack to a junkie for me hehe! :-D

Nooo, the 94 left me about a two years ago maybe? I saved my pennies and just bought an 03 DSG. First "mod" is flushing everything and replacing it all with synthetic. After that we will see where the bug takes me

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Nooo, the 94 left me about a two years ago maybe? I saved my pennies and just bought an 03 DSG. First "mod" is flushing everything and replacing it all with synthetic. After that we will see where the bug takes me

Nice! Another 03 and in DSG nonetheless! I only know one other cobra owner who also is my mechanic. His is MG. Good move on flushing the system. When I bought mine it was bone stock and sat for way too long. After driving it for about 2 months the thing overheated and coolant blasted out the tank! Seems the coolant curdled into a cheesy like substance and clogged the t-stat. Lucky for me it was winter and I limped it to my mechanic without hurting anything. Not driving the car can have its downfalls it seems even though it was low mileage.

I recently switched over to Royal Purple synthetic for the motor and haven't looked back. I heard it's a great oil. A little pricey, but better to have quality oil for a motor that will be seeing its share of fun. :-D Can't wait to meet you when the season starts up again. :thumbsup:

Woody6799

Established Member
Yea man. I am going with all Amsoil oil, I did alot of reading on the Amsoil vs. Royal Purple debate and thats all I am going to say about that. You have any info on your mechanic? My guy is a good friend of mine but the Cobra is kinda a different level than he is used to... I have been looking for a good speed shop/specialty type place.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Yea man. I am going with all Amsoil oil, I did alot of reading on the Amsoil vs. Royal Purple debate and thats all I am going to say about that. You have any info on your mechanic? My guy is a good friend of mine but the Cobra is kinda a different level than he is used to... I have been looking for a good speed shop/specialty type place.

Agreed Amsoil is also an awesome choice. My mechanic actually uses it in his car. He has a MG 03 cobra. I take my other cars (DD and wife's) besides my cobra to him. Have known him and his older brother for close to 4 years. I have complete confidence in his skills and never had a problem. He's located on Main St. in Lodi and the shop is called Captan's Auto Repair. His name is Vahan and brother Gary.

For my high performance/tuning needs I go to Kevin Hand at Wicked Motorsports. He's located down south in Toms River. The guy is top notch and won't dick you around. He knows what works and will take goods care of you. He built my VMP TVS setup and it came out great! You won't be disappointed with either shop i recommended. :thumbsup:

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Damn weather is too cold today so Island closed its doors. Don't blame them cause i wouldn't want to freeze my ass off standing there directing cars lol! Anyway, believe it or not there's one final chance to get your speed fix. They are open next Sunday Dec.15th (weather permitting) and are making it fun. It's a racing Santas event. You have the option to dress up like santa and race your opponents you get lined up with :lol1: Again, I will go if the weather is good and others join me of course. I think I will go dig out my santa hat and buy myself a white beard. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread