Any new info on the 2.9l whipple installed on a 11-14?

Redline8k

Established Member
I believe Whipple said they would be shipping by now. I was just wondering if someone has one or will be getting one installed soon. Im interested in seeing what the outcome is.

Robbie Ellis

Established Member
They are just now finishing up the kit. I let them use my car as the test mule for this kit, and as of right now, it looks like there will be different stages offered. They just finished the tuning of the kit over the weekend, and are using the rest of this week to road tune the car, and finish up the installation manual. I would imagine the kits will be shipping in the next few weeks. I will be down there picking up my car Friday, and I can find out then and I'll let you know what info I get.

In the meantime, here are some pictures. The air box in the pictures is a temporary one while the final piece is being molded.
4pLoY1y.jpg

R00J3dc.jpg

Here are some dyno graphs. Stage 1 is with the stock TB, 3.875" SC Pulley. Stage 2 is still with the stock TB, fuel pump booster, and 3.75" SC pulley. Stage 3 adds the 132mm TB and still running the fuel pump booster and 3.75" SC pulley. All 3 of these pulls were done with a 100% stock motor, drivetrain, and exhaust. The car is a 6M.

w9iC1lW.jpg

Here is a video when they were tuning Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6ZalfpzDU

The car also has their large heat exchanger, and twin fans. Boost was at about 10.5psi. Keep in mind that the info for this kit is changing on a daily basis as they are ironing everything out, so by the time this kit is released, all of this info may have changed. They've been working on it non stop now for the last 6 weeks, so they are making a lot of progress.

Last edited:

Redline8k

Established Member
WOW thanks for posting. thats some decent numbers with a completely stock exhaust. Im assuming this is the reason for the low tq numbers. TVS blowers are making about 40-60 more at this same level. What injectors are you running? please keep us in the loop I love seeing things like this develop into the final product. Plus the whine is great...
thanks again.

FIFTY

Established Member
Also reminder he still has the cats on the with stock exhaust, good numbers for 91oct

Redline8k

Established Member
Also reminder he still has the cats on the with stock exhaust, good numbers for 91oct

exactly, I would love to see this uncorked...lol like we both said good number for 91oct and stock exhaust. it has sleeper written all over it.

OH BTW what is that red tube coming from the firewall (looks like fuel line) over to the air filter area?

Last edited:

Robbie Ellis

Established Member
exactly, I would love to see this uncorked...lol like we both said good number for 91oct and stock exhaust. it has sleeper written all over it.

OH BTW what is that red tube coming from the firewall (looks like fuel line) over to the air filter area?

Yeah I have a Magnaflow true x x pipe and a GT500 catback exhaust sitting in my garage that will be going on once I get the car back. Even then, it won't sound too loud with them being the street series mufflers and still running the stock cats. Although once the throttle is open the whine will give away that it's not a sleeper although by then I'll be gone. Haha

The red tube by the firewall is for their equipment to measure fuel pressure. The one by the air filter I'm not sure.

Robbie Ellis

Established Member
Also, I got a text from Dustin today. He said the stage 2 tune is an absolute beast on the street. The stage 3 tune needs a minor adjustment which should be done tomorrow. Then he sent me this to let me know the stage 2 tune is working out pretty well:
hHqjb9w.jpg

Robbie Ellis

Established Member
How much power do you think the exhaust will bring, why are you keeping the cats?

I'm actually not sure how much power it will make. Should free up a few more horsepower and torque numbers though.

I'm in California so I'm going to keep the cats for emissions reasons. I may eventually remove them then just reinstall when I have to smog the car, but for now I'm keeping them.

Angry50

Established Member
very impressive i have been looking forward to the results of this since i saw the new design. All these dyno numbers on stock injectors?

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WOW thanks for posting. thats some decent numbers with a completely stock exhaust. Im assuming this is the reason for the low tq numbers. TVS blowers are making about 40-60 more at this same level. What injectors are you running? please keep us in the loop I love seeing things like this develop into the final product. Plus the whine is great...
thanks again.

All pulls are in 4th gear. 5th gear shows same hp but 25-35ft/lb more torque. We have an older big roller dyno Jet and we don't like running it to 160+mph often. We did some pulls in 5th to compare. Same on the 2015 S550.

Redline8k

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'm still interested in seeing what this will do with a full exhaust or at least an off road H or X and gt 500s. That seems to be one of the more popular setups. I'm sure the car rips. Can't wait to see what it will do at the track. Keep us in the loop please!

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the info. I'm still interested in seeing what this will do with a full exhaust or at least an off road H or X and gt 500s. That seems to be one of the more popular setups. I'm sure the car rips. Can't wait to see what it will do at the track. Keep us in the loop please!

X or H will see significant gains with tune. We were nowhere near knock but left timing conservative and air fuel is 11.5:1. So custom tunes and mods will pickup big power. Stages have 8.5, 9.5 and 10.5 psi of boost with stock exhaust, better exhaust will drop .5-1.0psi of boost and then one can bring the boost back and watch out!

Angry50

Established Member
X or H will see significant gains with tune. We were nowhere near knock but left timing conservative and air fuel is 11.5:1. So custom tunes and mods will pickup big power. Stages have 8.5, 9.5 and 10.5 psi of boost with stock exhaust, better exhaust will drop .5-1.0psi of boost and then one can bring the boost back and watch out!

This sounds really good. this will be a real competitor breaking 600whp while being conservative. stage 3 with full exhaust probably lay down high 600s to the wheel and still be safe. crazy to think when people turn it up more. be options for higher psi im sure.

Users who are viewing this thread