Any Members On Here From Montana? Little Help?

SilverGT1

Established Member
I am looking for a little help. I am in search of a metal Montana Ford dealership license plate frame. I don't care what dealership or what city as long as it's Ford. If it looks weathered, that's cool. I prefer metal for longevity.

I'll be getting my Montana licenses plate soon and just want my car to look home spun and just passing through CA. Got some MSU stickers on the way.

You can send me a PM for your price etc...

Appreciate the assistance.

SilverGT1

Established Member
Couldn't face another smog test. Had it coming up this month. I will tell you, the up front cost isn't cheap. We'll see if I can live with the spectre of getting stopped every time I take the car out wears thin... If I could pack up and leave, I would.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Besides speeding what could any California cop stop you for with out of state plates?

SilverGT1

Established Member
Besides speeding what could any California cop stop you for with out of state plates?
They (primarily CHP) have been instructed to look for out of state license plates. It is part of a revenue recovery campaign. They even provide links that people can rat you out on. I don't know how diligently they look for cars on the road, but it is a thing. Also, they can pull you over for anything at anytime at their discretion. They don't have to have a reason. There are so many codes in the the CVC, I am sure they could pick any one to say why they pulled you over. Just sayin'....

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yeah it's ridiculous and sad. I think it'd be very safe if the car isn't a daily driver.

barstowpo

Established Member
It is actually a misdemeanor to register your car out of state. That is in part why I actually moved to Montana.

Venom351R

Established Member
I hate CA more and more every day and I'm as far away as you can get from there in the upper 48

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Most of the dealer plates are plastic up here. But I will look

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
They (primarily CHP) have been instructed to look for out of state license plates. It is part of a revenue recovery campaign. They even provide links that people can rat you out on. I don't know how diligently they look for cars on the road, but it is a thing. Also, they can pull you over for anything at anytime at their discretion. They don't have to have a reason. There are so many codes in the the CVC, I am sure they could pick any one to say why they pulled you over. Just sayin'....

I don't get it. If you live in CA and have a CA drivers license AND CHP is on the lookout for out of state license plates, what's the purpose of registering your car in Montana? I know you mentioned smog inspection, but if you're a resident of CA are you not required to register your car in CA?

I was in the military and in that situation you are not subject to state vehicle registration laws. Meaning, if I'm "from" Montana and have a Montana drivers license, but I'm stationed in CA I do not have to register my car in CA nor am I required to get a CA drivers license. However, if you live in CA and have a CA address AND a CA drivers license I believe you have a set amount of time to register your car in CA and get a CA license plate.

So, again I ask what are you trying to accomplish here? Just curious....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rather than a Montana dealer bracket, I would buy a Montana University one.

Sent from my Potato

Users who are viewing this thread