Any Leesburg/Purcellville Folks...need a new place to get work done

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
If there are any MACA folks that live in the Leesburg/Purcellville area I am looking for a new place to bring my vert for some routine service and minor work.

I had the car out last weekend for the first time in months and when I got home I notice it was losing oil. It seems to be coming from the bottom of the engine somewhere b/w the filter and bottom of the oil pan. It is just a small stream (vs spraying all over).

I don't feel comfortable driving it very far and this is the first time I have needed to take it anywhere since moving out to western loudoun.

Any recommendations for local places would be appreciated. My other alternative is to have it towed somewhere which I'd rather not do.

THANKS!

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I usually use the Dulles Shell:
Dulles Shell
45410 Holiday Drive
Sterling, VA 20166

For inspections and emissions and such. They always treat me right. That's the closest I can get to Leesburg, but it's probably too far.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Have you tried tightening up the stud that holds the oil cooler on? Or is it coming from the pan? What side of the motor?

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Sterling is a bit far. I was planning on driving it to Curry's out there since I work down the street but did not want to risk it.

04 - I did some more poking around and I *think* it is coming from just above the oil filter. I can only see the bottom 1/3 of the oil filter. I am guessing it isnt the actual filter since if it was the oil would be coming from the lowest point of the filter. Is the oil cooler just above the oil filter?

04yellowcobra

Established Member
If its from above the filter then it's the head gasket or a hole in the block. The cooler assembly is part of the oil filter mount.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Update, so it isnt coming from above the oil filter but appears to be coming from an area just in front of it and towards the center.

I took a few short vids if anyone can tell where the problem might be. The video is from directly in front of car about where the steering column is.

Oil Leak Vid 1

Oil Leak Vid 2

:beer:

Last edited:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
thats coming out pretty quick. why dont you try cleaning the area with some brake cleaner real good. Get up in there with some good light and have someone start it. Maybe that way you will have a better idea of where exactly its coming from.

TRBO VNM

Yeah, thats a serious leak. I would do what Jason mentioned and Carlos and then check again. Make sure you check your fluid level. you don't want to lose all the oil while checking it out like this.

I was going to mention the timing cover gasket, but that leak seems like something totally different and almost like the oil cooler area. Take the oil filter off and try tightening the stud it screws onto. It takes an allen head socket to tighten it. I think 1/2", but I could be wrong.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
SY - Thanks! I will probably bring it there. What is the shop name? I will also likely have it towed out there since it is coming out too fast for me to drive ~15 miles.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Thanks SY. I am going to try some of the things suggested here in the thread but I may tap out quickly and have it brought over to you guys.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
BIG THANKS to Cory for getting it back on the road. Turned out 2 of the o-rings had finally given up.

I found my new go-to local place to get work done on all my vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread