Any kit out their to change that stupid shift light for gas mileage..

aakviper

Into a rev limiter light. So when it comes on it tell you to shift before red line. It is built in already in the gage cluster. It would be way useful then a gas mileage light.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
The way Diablo explained it to me, (if I understood correctly) is you change the rpm at where the shift light comes on...you actually don't turn it off. (i.e set it at 8000 rpm) So you should be able to put it where you want. This was on a Revolution Chip. I'm not sure how the Predator works...whether it gives you the rpm choice or just sets it too high to come on automatically. Hope this helps some.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
With the stock tune on my 03, the shift light worked like a "real" one.

While driving around town, it would come on for "fuel economy", but if I went WOT, it turned into a real shift light.

I first noticed this at the track and it seemed to come on around 6250 rpms. I actually ran my best time by following the stock shift light.

Now I have the latest Predator tune installed, but I haven't tested to see if it work the same way. My guess is that it probably will, since the "fuel economy" mode is still working.

Users who are viewing this thread