Any input on Redline water wetter?

Bobrammer

Established Member
Has anybody used the Redline Water Wetter? I'm just curious how well it works. I'll be adding a 2.93 pulley with idlers and an Amazon tuned Predator this week. Will cooling be a problem with my mods? Many thanks!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You shouldn't need the Water Wetter with your mods. I've had no cooling issues with my mods. For a better solution (now or in the future) I would recommend an aftermarket HE (like Gords).

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
I work for goodyear and was over at napa picking up parts and ran into the rep for redline. I was talking to him and asked about what he thought of using it in my 03 cobra and belive it or not he said not to waste the money. I have used it on other cars and it helps but the coolant the ford uses on our cobras is by far a great product and it really wont help at all. So it would be your call it wont hurt anything but it may not help either. Also note I talked to a ford rep when I was picking up my 03 cobra to have the wing fixed and overheard someone having problems with thier cooling system. So I asked what happened and he said that pep boys did a coolant flush on her car and just about took the motor out. The rep said that thier is a way of doing a coolant change and that they have had a few cars in with the same problem with air pockets. Since you have coolant going to the motor and the blower. So be careful. Ken

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
How often does our coolant need to be replaced btw?

FKing1

Established Member
Ford recommends changing coolant at 5 years or 100,000 miles; then every 3 years or 50,000. From the Ford Workshop Manual. I also, have a system flush when changing. I did this on my 97 Cobra.
Fred K.

grnenvy

Established Member
It is definitly worth using in your heat exchanger. I would also drop some of the anti-freeze in the system it will make your system run cooler. Remember water disapates heat better then anti- freeze. My system is almost all water with one bottle of water weter.

Users who are viewing this thread