Any input on JDM Engineering and/or L&M for engine builder near PA

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't mind some of his videos, he offers some decent, no bullshit advice on some topics. But some shit I definitely don't agree with him about.

And he's had terrible videos lately, picked a fight with Britneyautomotive, won't shut the **** up about filing cam keys...
He does offer some decent advice especially for the coyote guys.

Who is Britney automotive? And of course he's picking a fight with some chick :ROFLMAO:

robvas

Established Member
He does offer some decent advice especially for the coyote guys.

Who is Britney automotive? And of course he's picking a fight with some chick :ROFLMAO:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
big endorsement from me for L&M, Mike R&R'd the5.4L in mine and he's a straight shooter all around.

robvas

Established Member
Lund Sr had his personal 5.8 built by L&M and it makes 1300whp, I wonder why Alex didn't go with them to build his engine? They might have told him it will take longer than he wanted it to...who knows.

I think he said he's sending it there now....I can't remember if it was at a different shop getting the heads or something checked.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I think he said he's sending it there now....I can't remember if it was at a different shop getting the heads or something checked.
L&M is top notch, but they're extremely expensive and rightfully so. JDM Engineering does excellent work, but they're more affordable and don't usually sleeve your 5.4/5.8.

I recommend him letting whoever is going to be his engine builder do everything from the valve covers to the oil pan, when to many people get in the cookie jar shit starts getting messed up.

Bad Company

Established Member
From my experience with L & M I wouldn't get them to rebuild my lawn mower engine. Cost me a ton of money fixing his mistakes in camshaft design when the engine self-destructed. Today I build 200 more Hp on pump E85 with the same boost versus L & M's's on Sonoco E85R. Spend the effort and money to get BES, MPR or Accufab to build an engine

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
From my experience with L & M I wouldn't get them to rebuild my lawn mower engine.

I have been around long enough to remember what you went through, and I have seen a couple of other L&M engines eat themselves. For that kind of money and no warranty on a "race engine".... needless to say they are NOT on my very short list of potential engine builders.

Bad Company

Established Member
I have been around long enough to remember what you went through, and I have seen a couple of other L&M engines eat themselves. For that kind of money and no warranty on a "race engine".... needless to say they are NOT on my very short list of potential engine builders.
It's been a trip is all I can say.........a real bad one. But now I have an engine that I believe I can beat one without too much to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread