Any High-Paying Driving Jobs Out There?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Looking for CDL-A high-paying driving jobs in Alaska,Iraq,ect...

I have alot of experience and am willing to re-locate to be able
to make above-average pay.I figured I would try Road Side Pub
and see if anybody knows of any opportunities???

My firefighter experience in So.Florida blows....lol

It seems all law enforcement and fire agencies are cutting back
big time so,looking for something else.

Anyway,thanks in advance......

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
google "truck driving jobs in iraq" and "truck driving jobs in alaska".

4valvemach

Established Member
Why not stay in florida I worked for SYSCO Foods and made $1100.00 a week at 10hr days 5days a week home by 6am-4pm

SYSCO Foods
SYGMA foods
Chenny Brothers
US Foods
Mcclain foods_ I think its about $1500.00 a week
Gordon foods
etc etc etc
Most are around $800-$1000 gross a week not bad money for easy work:shrug:

Last edited:

RedDemon91

Established Member
Why not stay in florida I worked for SYSCO Foods and made $1100.00 a week at 10hr days 5days a week home by 6am-4pm

SYSCO Foods
SYGMA foods
Chenny Brothers
US Foods
Mcclain foods_ I think its about $1500.00 a week
Gordon foods
etc etc etc
Most are around $800-$1000 gross a week not bad money for easy work:shrug:

What sort of work opportunities are available for these companies besides just truck driving and doesn't require a college degree? I would drive trucks but don't have the money to get the license for it.

4valvemach

Established Member
What sort of work opportunities are available for these companies besides just truck driving and doesn't require a college degree? I would drive trucks but don't have the money to get the license for it.

LOL you dont need any money just do what I did and get a job at COKE if they still do the CDL training.I started with them got my CDL stayed on for a year got some miles then got into sysco foods.The orlando coke is a cluster Duck but still worth it in the long run.If you have any sales skills you can go for a route sales person good money in that also.You got it made since you are in orlando and it has alot of distribution jobs.You cant have more than 4 points to be a driver.You could also start over the road most companys train and pay you for the training.

I wish I had hazmat and doubles endorsements even more jobs would open up

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
be careful if you sign up with an OTR company like England or Central Refrigerated to get your licencse. They will hire you on and put you through school to get your CDL-A but you sign a contract and have to stick with them for minimum of two years as a company driver. If you leave before that they will hold you accountable for the cost of the school which is like $5000. And brother, let me tell you from experience, driving OTR sucks dick.

tistan

Established Member
A freind of mine does vehicle recovery in Iraq. They go out and tow in broke down military vehicles. He makes $150k a year, but the job is supposed to be real dangerous

4valvemach

Established Member
be careful if you sign up with an OTR company like England or Central Refrigerated to get your licencse. They will hire you on and put you through school to get your CDL-A but you sign a contract and have to stick with them for minimum of two years as a company driver. If you leave before that they will hold you accountable for the cost of the school which is like $5000. And brother, let me tell you from experience, driving OTR sucks dick.

+10000 on over the road sucking and I agree ask about the contract and fine for leaving early.I got alot of hate from guys because I never had to do the over the road crap:banana:

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A freind of mine does vehicle recovery in Iraq. They go out and tow in broke down military vehicles. He makes $150k a year, but the job is supposed to be real dangerous

This is very true. truck driving is one of the few jobs out here that is very close to being just as dangerous as the military when they are off post.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
google "truck driving jobs in iraq" and "truck driving jobs in alaska".

Thanks lol....I did that a long time ago but,in today's market you need
more inside info.usually from someone already working for a
company as a driver.

Thanks for the other info.guy's......

nvthiszo6

Established Member
I work for coca cola in columbia and we still do on site cdl training. Its absolutely free and you dont have to sign a contract for it. Alot of guys used to come to coca cola for the free cdl and then leave. Ive been at coke for 3 years and now have an application in at sysco talked to a few of the sysco guys around here and claim that they make some really good money.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
And brother, let me tell you from experience, driving OTR sucks dick.

+10000 on over the road sucking ...

can you guys give any examples as to why otr driving sucks?

i had always looked at it as a possible career change, thinking it might be a pretty cool gig - especially if you don't have too many family ties and have no problems being gone for weeks or months at a time.

thanks for any feedback :beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thanks lol....I did that a long time ago but,in today's market you need
more inside info.usually from someone already working for a
company as a driver.

Thanks for the other info.guy's......

kwhen it comes to jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan, you need to already have your CDL but other than that, demand much exceeds supply and "knowing" someone will not necessarily help you

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
You could drive a haul truck at a coal mine and only work 6 months but make 80k a year easy.

no license needed. a trained monkey could do it.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
i could probably get you something in northwest canada making big bucks but its miserable work, im thinking about going next spring.

jf4boogie

Established Member
I work for coca cola in columbia and we still do on site cdl training. Its absolutely free and you dont have to sign a contract for it. Alot of guys used to come to coca cola for the free cdl and then leave. Ive been at coke for 3 years and now have an application in at sysco talked to a few of the sysco guys around here and claim that they make some really good money.

I work at coke part-time as well. If you don't mind me asking...whats the average driver make a year? I keep getting vague and varying answers :shrug:

jf4boogie

Established Member
I made 29k when I was with them worked from 6am-7pm about 19-24 stops a day.

most are about 28k-32k a year:nonono:

Wow :nonono:

Geez man, I figured those guys at least made $40-$45k

Do the pre-sale guys make more than that?

Users who are viewing this thread