Any GT500s with Wheel Spacers out there?

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I'm looking for GT500s with wheel spacers, preferably lowered with stock wheels & tires but stock suspension and other wheel/tire combos are fine too.

I currently have stock wheels & tires lowered on Eibach Pros. I will not be getting wider wheels anytime soon as I really like the stock wheels and can't justify spending the $$ on different wheels. But I really want the wider more aggressive stance and want an idea what kind of spacer sizes I can get away with without rubbing.

I will be adjusting my camber here very soon and plan to take some measurements to see how much room I have to work with. But in the mean time I want to see what you guys have.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
No one, huh? I guess it's a Terminator thing :shrug:

I'm gonna do it anyway and post some pics and impressions.

chuckstang

Established Member
It is a terminator thing because the wheels do not fit flush with the fenders on the sn-95 mustangs. On the new s197s, the GT500 wheels are flush with the fenders, even stock.

I am assuming you want the wheels further out than the fender? If so, you are probably not going to find many on here with that set up.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Yeah, I was just looking at the car today and noticed the rears sit pretty flush as is. The fronts might need small spacers but I'm not sure if that's gonna give me the look I want. All depends on how it looks when I get the camber adjusted.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Just trying to learn here. If the GT500's are flush wouldn't they hit the fender? Or are they just inside the fender? I ask this because it does seem that you see cars on the road, mostly BMW's or Mercedes that looks like the tires would plain hit the fenders. Is it an IRS that allows this setup?

Aonebadbone

Established Member
I have never herd of anyone putting spacers on these cars.
What is wrong with how you're car looks> It may be to high and lowering springs are what you need. Please don't use a BMW as a comparison to our cars.
Just saying

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Some people roll their fenders. I don't think I'm going to be doing that, though. After taking a closer look today, I think the rear looks fine. Although even after the Eibach springs, I would like to reduce the fender gap in the rear a little bit more. Fronts are low enough, but the wheels seem a bit tucked in. But after camber adjustment, I'll determine if I want wheel spacers after all.

scmustangs

Established Member
Put a bigger tire up front, 285's all around on stock wheels. The 255 is small.

chuckstang

Established Member
Just trying to learn here. If the GT500's are flush wouldn't they hit the fender? Or are they just inside the fender? I ask this because it does seem that you see cars on the road, mostly BMW's or Mercedes that looks like the tires would plain hit the fenders. Is it an IRS that allows this setup?

they are flush but dont rub because the lips are rolled :banana:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Some people roll their fenders. I don't think I'm going to be doing that, though. After taking a closer look today, I think the rear looks fine. Although even after the Eibach springs, I would like to reduce the fender gap in the rear a little bit more. Fronts are low enough, but the wheels seem a bit tucked in. But after camber adjustment, I'll determine if I want wheel spacers after all.

There's no fenders to roll on these cars. My car sits "hellaflush" as some call it meaning my tires are exactly even height wise with my fenders and barely tucked in with a hint of negative camber. No spacers are needed and you should keep it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread