Any Great Local Machine Shops Around?

Joe5.0

Established Member
Looking to get some work done on my motor if i decide to go the Re-build route. Was wondering if anyone had any references to any good machine shops in the NW area reasonably priced as well.

Also if anyone is interested in painting my engine bay let me know. It should be filled, sanded, and fully prepped here shortly for paint. I sent you a PM Chuck to see if your interested.

Thanks Guys.

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
Joey, Sorry to hear about your incident, Talk to your mom for a short time last night. Hope you are feeling better.
Uncle Scott

Joe5.0

Established Member
Hey thanks alot Uncle. Ill be good as new and back to work here soon hopefully.

You think if i got aome paint you could spray it for me uncle? Car is getting towed up to Dads to sit in his neighbors shop for awhile to get the engine bay all nice and smoothed for paint.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Parts are definately being upgraded. Its just decideing what is and how much $$ to throw at it. Motor is not blown just old and running on its last limbs. Plus 14's are just not cutting it anymore. I have been getting my ass handed to me.

352Ford

I make my own
Established Member
Good AND affordable machine shops, boy you are asking for a lot…

The three shops I usually recommend are DG machine, Action, and Dave Bliss.

Action has their pricelist here:

http://www.actionautoparts.net/Machine_Shop.html

DG machine tends to cost a little less than Action.

Keep in mind any machine shop worth a dam is usually fully booked from early spring to early fall (and if your talking about Bliss, the waiting list is always very long)

My piece of advice is this: before you spend a single penny figure out exactly what your goals are, and then plan out the best way to achieve your goals, otherwise you might end up wasting a lot of time and money.

Joe5.0

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Along with that be realistic. You dont need a $10,000 motor to be fast and reliable.

Very True. Werent u pushing over 500 with somewhat stock internals Greg?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Yep. I had it re-balanced, main girdle w/ main studs, head studs, graphite head gaskets, rods were polished with upgraded bolts.
Big fuel system and very good tune. I did pop a few head gaskets and broke 2 pistons once but that was my fault. I still had my Germany tune in here and when I came back to the states I forgot about taking some timing out.
I know you've heard all the stories about those blocks so read up on them. Thats about all you'll get if you plan to drive it all the time.
Are you sticking w/ 5.0 or 5.8?

torquemonster

Established Member
Joey, go v-tech!! We all know v-tech owns all...just but be sure to put a huge wing a big fart can for exhaust for that extra power and downforce:fart:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Im going the turbo route. So i want to make the stock block as strong as possible Until it blows to be honest.
Forged Blower Pistons 8:5:1
Rods Polished With ARP Bolts
Main Girdle
Bored .30 Over
New High flow oil pump
New race balancer
ARP head studs
Cometic head gaskets
New valves
Comp Springs
1.7 RR's
Some sort of new lifters
Stronger push rods?
New timing chain
And maybe a cam With a cobra manifold.

Basically i want to run that combo around N/A until i figure out what kind of turbo kit to go with.

Any other suggestions for boost?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread