Any good reports from warranty work?

f4sfed

Established Member
I'm sorry everyone. I seem to be negative on how dealers are treating people that have mod'd their cars, without having experienced it myself.

So, I'd like to hear of any and all good reports of warranty work. i.e. no joy rides, no denied claims, etc. If nothing else, to calm my nerves about me taking MY car in.

Thanks in advance everyone. :)

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I had water in my passenger's side taillight, they ordered a new one after taking 3 hours to diagnose it (there was water floating around in the lens). It took 2 weeks to get here, then when I went back over there it took 1.5 hours for them to come up and tell me that they ordered the wrong one (ordered one for a 01 Cobra with the amber lens). Now I'm waiting again...it's been a week.

I'll never forget that when I walked around the corner to the service part of the shop that day, I saw that the whole shop had cleared out and was under, around, or in my car. They had both doors open, the decklid popped, and the hood open looking at it (about 15 techs). The dealership that I take it to is not an SVT dealer, so mine is the only 03 they service.

Ultimately I didn't mind, as they didn't damage it. I have to answer 20 questions about the car every time I come out of the grocery store or when I get gas...several times even while I'm driving along with the windows down...so I'm getting used to it. :coolman:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I took my '03 in at 500 miles to fix the driver's seat control module near the console, which was not screwed into the seat when installed. Arrived at the dealership about 1pm. They took the car in immediately, I watch the porter CAREFULLY drive the car into the garage. I went to lunch, returning 45-minutes later. The car was ready for me, fixed, washed, and vacuumed. I don't know how they did it! No scratches, not even fingerprints! I have had several previous pleasant service experiences at this dealership with my '98 SHO. Roy O'Brien Ford, St. Clair Shores, Michigan.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by XSTANG
I had my rearend replaced.... entire assembly and the EGR tube... It was spotless as well when I picked her up....

Was this on your '03? Or on an earlier Cobra?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
They fixed my broken gas pedal in less than 1 hour and didn't manage to screw anything else up.

ronreid03

Established Member
At Jones Ford in Charleston, SC, I have had nothing but good experiences. I had a 99 Cobra that was in there several times and they always took good care of it. My 03 was in for some paint repair to the rear bumper cover. I picked it up just as I had specified (not washed or vacuumed since I don't want their dirty rags on the car). My 03 is modded as was my 99. Part of the key is the relationship with the service manager and writers.

Ron

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by XSTANG
I had my rearend replaced.... entire assembly and the EGR tube... It was spotless as well when I picked her up....

Where did you take it, I am in the DFW area as well and would like to keep tabs on good dealerships should I need service.

Thanks.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Well, overall, Sheehy Ford has treated me and my car well. I get special treatment, they even mail me the invoice to speed things up. No problem with loaner cars either. And they do not hot rod the cars.

That said, it has taken 5 trips to the dealer to resolve one problem:

1) Car arrived with defective rear seat belt retractor
2) Trip 1: yup, it is broken, we will order part
3) Trip 2: Part installed
4) Noticed the C-pillar molding is bent and won't go back - they bent it installing the retractor!
5) Trip 3: We cannot fix the molding, we ordered the part
6) Trip 4: We ordered the Wrong molding!
7) Trip 5: To be announced.

They keep giving me vouchers for free oil services - so far I have 3! Based on the fact that I hardly drive my car, and do my own oil changes, that would be good for 18 months of driving.

But my car has always been given back without grease on the seat or mats, any hint of abuse, and not a word about the sound of my Magnaflows, my radar detector, etc.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
my car is being serviced under warranty right now. There was a discolored spot in the leather that was about 3/4" in diameter. They ordered new seat covers and are installing them today.

Users who are viewing this thread