Any Formula 1 Fans ?

Big 8

Established Member
28 said:
The point of my statement was that eventhough Nascar gets 100 times more attention than F1,the racing is uncomparable....I know they are totally different types of racing...Just wish F! got as much attention as Nascar did... :read:

Dont freat! Outside this country they couldnt tell you what NASCAR is????? But the whole world knows Schuie! While NASCAR gets FOX and its viewers the rest of the world watches F1! Kind makes you wonder ?

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
^

I hear ya...Oh well...Sepang's(Malaysian Grand Prix)next..In my opinion one of the prettiest tracks in the circuit...
04_Day1_06.gif

:rockon:

Last edited:

Sai

Hail to the Skins!
Established Member
28 said:
^

I hear ya...Oh well...Sepang's(Malaysian Grand Prix)next..In my opinion one of the prettiest tracks in the circuit...
04_Day1_06.gif

:rockon:

Totally agree! I love the hairpin at the end and there are lots of twisties throughout. Should be interesting! I think Renault is going to be strong in this one. They seem to have made up the horsepower gap and still have a tight aero package even with the rule changes. How many of you think those "viking horns" on the McClaren are going to be effective this year? :shrug:

My picks: qualifying: Schumi gets pole (pissed off at previous race weekend)
Winner: Renault repeats with the win !, Shumi second and Montoya in third. Here's a surprise!--Minardi finishes in last !(if they finish) :D

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Yes! The viking horns on the McLaren! I haven't been able to figure out why they are there. They have no horizontal surfaces, so they can't provide any downforce...are they turning vanes, similar to the bargeboards? :shrug: McLaren has never been shy to innovate.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
RagTopSnake said:
The McLarens were awesome no doubt, but MS won a championship in a Benetton (I can never spell that) so "MS didn't have the best car" doesn't really apply. MS can flat out drive.

Yep...no doubt about his skills. Although in my eyes a lot of his success has something to do with May 1, 1994.

RagTopSnake said:
Go Renault :banana: :banana:

Damn right! McLaren is my team but Renault is/has been my #2 team for a while now.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
50 BMG said:
All I can say is it's the first time I've watched an entire F1 race since Mika quit.

This should be a fun season. The rule changes are -long- overdue.

Here here - Mika Hakkinen was my favorite driver of all time - he could take it to Schumacher. Plus, you gotta give him mad props for getting back into a car and winning two championships after almost dying in that crash.

But I hope the competition is close this year. And I hope Montoya takes it. :burnout:

Kurt Busch

#1 CRYSTAL PALACE FAN
Established Member
Longitude: 122° 18' 50" W / Latitude: 47° 49' 16"
CarpetCityCobra said:
We welcome your participation if you could keep it on topic. Nobody called you a moron, or even a hipster doofus like in your sig.

So, what do you think about the new aero regs and their effects on the qualifying order so far? Any comments on which teams were able to engage resources most effectively to combat the loss of downforce?

That's funny, I thought for a second you were talking about nascar :shrug:
Well to answer your questions, I beleive anything FIA does to increase competition is good. Frankly the Ferrari reign of terror is getting old.
I also like the banning of launch control putting a little emphasis back on the driver. Now if they'd just get rid of traction control, that would be splendid.
It looks like Renault has done their homework but it's hard to tell with just one race into the season.

BullittSleuth

Established Member
All I have to say is Schumacher is, hands down, the BEST wet weather driver I have ever seen. Even before his days with Ferrari I saw a race where he was like in 6th and it started raining and he almost ended up lapping the field.

I also like Mika, he wasn't nearly as stuck up in interviews as Coulthard, and I HATE Jaques, talk about a jerk.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
BullittSleuth said:
All I have to say is Schumacher is, hands down, the BEST wet weather driver I have ever seen. Even before his days with Ferrari I saw a race where he was like in 6th and it started raining and he almost ended up lapping the field.

I also like Mika, he wasn't nearly as stuck up in interviews as Coulthard, and I HATE Jaques, talk about a jerk.

Have to agree...Schumi's got mad skills in the wet.. :bowdown:

Anyone other than me think J.Button of BAR Honda have a shot this year?..That kid can drive his arse off and his teammate Sato isn't too shabby either... :pepper: :banana:

Still gotta root for Ferrari and Barichello though... :rockon: :beer: :bowdown:

Last edited:

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
28 said:
Have to agree...Schumi's got mad skills in the wet.. :bowdown:

Anyone other than me think J.Button of BAR Honda have a shot this year?..That kid can drive his arse off and his teammate Sato isn't too shabby either... :pepper: :banana:

Still gotta root for Ferrari and Barichello though... :rockon: :beer: :bowdown:

button schmutton....i don't see it with this guy. the only one's with REAL talent and a real shot at the championship this year is kimi, jpm, barichello, alonso, and maybeeeee webber.....

Users who are viewing this thread