Any experience with Low Testosterone??

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
How can you tell if you have low T? All the symptoms I've ever read about just sound like someone who needs some sleep. I actually tried the gel once, and it made no difference at all, that I could tell. Is it supposed to be some dramatic change?

The GEL|Creams are pissing in the wind. When you say you tried it once, for how long? Injections are the only way to go. I have been looking into it for awhile, but haven't done any blood work to see where I am at naturally and to check psa etc. I imagine at 41 I am probably low, have had some injuries in the past year or two that were new to me, torn bicep, tricep issues, shoulder pull and just re-injured the bicep doing ez-bar bicep curls last week. I know some of that just comes with the territory of being older than white dog shit, but if I can turn back the clock some, willing to try TRT.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Just getting started with the gel. Use that to get my levels corrected and stable, then go to weekly injections. That is the plan. Too early to tell if it is helping. Good luck.

4stang6

Established Member
Just getting started with the gel. Use that to get my levels corrected and stable, then go to weekly injections. That is the plan. Too early to tell if it is helping. Good luck.
GL on the gel my dude, I just opted for the injections at this time Bi-Weekly. I have heard people giving the lean more towards Cypionate vs enanthate(Weekly)

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't realize that so many of us could potentially have this issue

Coiled03

Established Member
The GEL|Creams are pissing in the wind. When you say you tried it once, for how long? Injections are the only way to go.

I tried it for about a month. I stopped because I didn't feel like it was doing any good, and I didn't want to risk getting it on my daughter who was very young at the time.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I tried it for about a month. I stopped because I didn't feel like it was doing any good, and I didn't want to risk getting it on my daughter who was very young at the time.

A good call there, definitely don't want children exposed to this stuff. I'd check out Ask the Doc (Doctor Rand McLain) vids on youtube. He's got some very informative vids on HRT|TRT. I am pondering doing it, but am a big pussy when it comes to sticking myself with a needle, someone giving me the TRT injection is no problem, just got to get over doing it myself.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
I doubled my T-levels by changing my diet. Eggs and more eggs,olive oil, avocadoes, tuna, beef, more fats, bacon, pork and butter, nuts. Sleeping also affects your T levels. Note: excessive cardio WILL decease your T levels.

4stang6

Established Member
I doubled my T-levels by changing my diet. Eggs and more eggs,olive oil, avocadoes, tuna, beef, more fats, bacon, pork and butter, nuts. Sleeping also affects your T levels. Note: excessive cardio WILL decease your T levels.
Tried that as well.... Have done ALL organic diets as well lol, Unfortunately any of the changes i made, Never increased my levels.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
I have been taking test injections for the past four years due to low T. Currently I’ve been working with a new endocrinologist that wanted to switch me over to just clomid but after a month of it I feel miserable so I’ll either be having him do trt injections or I’ll find a new doctor to utilize as the difference is night and day in over all feeling.

As far as sides, I’ve had no problems on TRT.

My94GT

Established Member
Some people just have low T and no amount of diet or exercise will help.

I know some people end up with some sort of blood thickening issues or something along those lines and other drugs are required to help with that. Hopefully your doc is monitoring that.

I also recall being told that along with the shots they prescribe a drug so you won’t stop producing your own T which can happen when getting the shots.

This was just basic info I received when I had mine checked a year and a half ago. 38 and I felt a little weaker than normal. Came in @825. Doc said he could max me out at 1200 if I wanted but didn’t recommend it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HCG is usually what is administered to keep natural test production in check.

825 isn’t bad at all either, my test levels off injections have consistently been in the low 400s since I was 27. No idea why either, I’ve don’t drastic diet changes, as well as huge increase to my personal fitness but none of it helped.

4stang6

Established Member
HCG is usually what is administered to keep natural test production in check.

825 isn’t bad at all either, my test levels off injections have consistently been in the low 400s since I was 27. No idea why either, I’ve don’t drastic diet changes, as well as huge increase to my personal fitness but none of it helped.
Whats your levels been on injections?

My94GT

Established Member
Whats your levels been on injections?
It was at 1240 last it was pulled and that was a touch higher then the doctor liked to see but all other markers were ok. That was a year ago then I took time off, wanted to completely come off injections get back to normal and try a different method but I’m not liking the results.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Honestly, I believe "low T" is perfectly natural as a man gets older and does so by design. A 50-year old man getting all jacked up on testosterone is probably a formula for disaster if he decides he needs to bow up to some 20-year old kickboxer because the kid "eyeballed him wrong"

My94GT

Established Member
Honestly, I believe "low T" is perfectly natural as a man gets older and does so by design. A 50-year old man getting all jacked up on testosterone is probably a formula for disaster if he decides he needs to bow up to some 20-year old kickboxer because the kid "eyeballed him wrong"

Yes but being in your low 30s or mid 20s like I was when diagnosed is not normal.

Outside of that, testosterone levels increasing are not what causes “roid rage” hormone imbalance does. A 50 year old that starts taking injections is going to likely sleep better, feel better mental clarity, have more sustainable energy through the day and have a much better sex drive.

In the day of being technically advanced why shouldn’t men be afforded the ability to feel their best?

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
A friend of mine has low T and got some shots. He said it made a big difference and he didn't feel like he was in a fog. After a couple of months it started to make his joints hurt. He quit getting the shots and the joint pain stopped. I don't know what he is doing about it now.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

TRT shouldn't cause any roid rage, we are talking about doses prescribed in a clinical setting to replace what you are not making. This should not approach levels anywhere near what the roid monsters are taking...Plus they are taking much nastier stuff and usually more than one thing than testosterone cypionate. If you are doing TRT under the care of a doctor, then you are getting regular bloodwork, symptoms if any will be addressed etc.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Yes but being in your low 30s or mid 20s like I was when diagnosed is not normal.

Outside of that, testosterone levels increasing are not what causes “roid rage” hormone imbalance does. A 50 year old that starts taking injections is going to likely sleep better, feel better mental clarity, have more sustainable energy through the day and have a much better sex drive.

In the day of being technically advanced why shouldn’t men be afforded the ability to feel their best?
Heck, just getting regular exercise helps me feel better, more confident, and friskier in the sack.

Ever since I started practicing Krav Maga and swimming, I feel 20 years younger.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
TRT shouldn't cause any roid rage, we are talking about doses prescribed in a clinical setting to replace what you are not making. This should not approach levels anywhere near what the roid monsters are taking...Plus they are taking much nastier stuff and usually more than one thing than testosterone cypionate. If you are doing TRT under the care of a doctor, then you are getting regular bloodwork, symptoms if any will be addressed etc.
I understand, but I'm concerned that the pharma companies may have jumped the gun on convincing physicians that low T is a condition that needs treating. Like the way they approached ADD and wanted to put every kid on adderall etc.

What about long term effects? Will 20 years of treatment lead to heart disease? I'm very skeptical there has been enough study of short term effects, let alone long term.

I'm just paranoid i guess.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I understand, but I'm concerned that the pharma companies may have jumped the gun on convincing physicians that low T is a condition that needs treating. Like the way they approached ADD and wanted to put every kid on adderall etc.

What about long term effects? Will 20 years of treatment lead to heart disease? I'm very skeptical there has been enough study of short term effects, let alone long term.

I'm just paranoid i guess.

It's all part of the unknown long term affects, just like everything else that's in our lives

Users who are viewing this thread