Any chameleon experts? Lost mine outside

byeofcr

Established Member
Damnit! I had him about a year my kids are nuts for him (they named it pascal after the one in Tangled) anyway. In vegas i keep him outside in the cooler months, today i guess the wind caught his cage just right and dumped it over. Hes gone. Nothing like looking through trees for the worlds most camouflaged creature. Any one have any tips to lure him back to his cage? Or is this thing already down on the strip scoring meth and hitting the roulette tables?

byeofcr

Established Member
I found him... disregard.

I cant find my car keys daily but yet i can find natures best hider.. just walked around my yard with a good flashlight and their natural bright green resting color contrasted against dark leaves. Once i checked the tree he stuck out pretty good w the led light.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
EXCELLENT thread OP. Will read again. lol

Seriously though, I'm glad you found your pet.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
lmao too funny. glad you found him. my first thought was that a hawk would swipe the poor guy.

byeofcr

Established Member
Hes a normal veiled chameleon. I really want a ambilobe panther they look amazing. This guy is mostly green brown and yellow. Hes ungrateful, mean, and gives a good bite if you get wreckless lol
Before he went rogue:

ED2D4E8B-E705-475C-BD2B-46C2AFC1BC81.jpg

Where i found him
2878105D-29AF-434C-81A8-C8BE82966E5C.jpg

Not happy...
DEE900F2-2889-46FE-A736-57ED4C71CD1F.jpg

And what i wish he was.. ambilobe
7EBCAF02-D5E6-4930-8119-19A7234EF89E.jpg

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking, this is like the guy who buys a 5-grand rifle, get's the super-realistic camo finish, goes out in the woods, sets it down ... and can't find it. But it's not all bad, because he knows at least he wasn't wasting his money when he got the super-realistic camo finish!

Stanger00

Established Member
That's such a cool looking lizard and it fires up nicely!

Have a cousin who deals with leachie geckos but they're too expensive for me to consider purchasing and I lack the equipment and training to care for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byeofcr

Established Member
I was thinking, this is like the guy who buys a 5-grand rifle, get's the super-realistic camo finish, goes out in the woods, sets it down ... and can't find it. But it's not all bad, because he knows at least he wasn't wasting his money when he got the super-realistic camo finish!

Lol!!! Exactly... like man this probably the worst animal to have if it escapes. But i have been bragging that i am probably the worlds best hide and seek player in history.

byeofcr

Established Member
I like that Rainbow Lizard. Almost looks like it was designed by Peter Max.

But can it run across the water?

Negative but fun fact.. these assholes cant have a water dish. They wouldnt know to drink from it and could possibly even drown it.. so i got a small pond pump in a bucket thats on a timer that mists him every couple hours. Run on water? No. not know what standing water is to survive..yes

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Negative but fun fact.. these assholes cant have a water dish. They wouldnt know to drink from it and could possibly even drown it.. so i got a small pond pump in a bucket thats on a timer that mists him every couple hours. Run on water? No. not know what standing water is to survive..yes

Plus they are one of the slowest lizards out there I think they can only do 2 MPH max, if you ever see a chameleon walk it is lift right front leg jerk it back and forth about five times while going forward grab branch then the left rear one does the same thing and grabs branch then the left front rinse and repeat, hence why they are camo masters as they can't run to save their lives, I always liked what I call the triceratops ones with the 3 horned head versions.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a minor miracle that you found him. Could he have survived in the "wild" of your backyard if you didn't find him?

08mojo

Established Member

My buddy had a chameleon years ago. I can attest they are not the smartest creatures in the world. His got too close to heating lamp of the cage one day and burned a large portion of its side. Do they not have any nerve endings in their skin? You'd think something would alert the animal that it's melting.

Users who are viewing this thread