Any car salesman here?

FoxRodStang

Established Member
I've been offered a job at a fairly large car dealership in this area as a salesman. I do have some sales experience, but, it's been over 5 years since I used it. I also have never worked on straight commission before & that kinda scares me. I know that there is potential for a nice pay check, but, also a potential for ramen noodles as well. Given the current economy, is it a good time to go into a field like this?

Thoughts, Opinion?

Thanks.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
How much business do they do and how many salesmen do they employ>???
I would be a little careful starting a car sales job at this time if the pay is only commission.
Car sales suck right now!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
How much business do they do and how many salesmen do they employ>???
I would be a little careful starting a car sales job at this time if the pay is only commission.
Car sales suck right now!

+1 see if you can get some current numbers for the company. Right now is a tough time for anything involving sales. People are too scared to spend any money, if you do decide to take it work your ass off. Write down every person you come in contact with, and do follow ups!

FoxRodStang

Established Member
The dealership is part of a group - a ford dealer, a dodge/chrysler/jeep & a chevy dealer. You can sell anything from any of the 3 dealerships in the group. I don't know how many salesmen are employed all together, but, if it means anything, the ford dealer just built a brand new showroom & service center. I'll look into getting some numbers from them.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
ask about current floor traffic, what advertising they are doing, can you also sell pre-owned cars? About selling all those brands...it would take some time to build real good product knowledge of each model ..etc. If you decide to ..work hard on learning the lease presentation...people have little to put down..and of course want a low payment..duh. Keep smiling and best of luck, I work for Ford

Users who are viewing this thread