Any boss 302 running paxton what power levels u seeing

GNSNAKE

Established Member
lets talk 1/4 mile times and mph that is what counts
my gt 500 makes only 600 at the tire and runs 1160s@124
so what can u do:beer:

Punisher1401

Established Member
11.60 doesn't seem very quick for 600rwhp, was that on street tires, I'm guessing it didn't 60 to well.

Ref Op: I'll be getting a Paxton setup in feb, crossing fingers, hope to be able to provide info then

Last edited:

stroked mach

Established Member
I had a old guy in town run a blower on his new boss and made about 500 was on about 6-8 psi that was on a safe tune

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
11.60 doesn't seem very quick for 600rwhp, was that on street tires, I'm guessing it didn't 60 to well.

Ref Op: I'll be getting a Paxton setup in feb, crossing fingers, hope to be able to provide info then
His sig says he was on stock tires

FYI since you're getting a paxton next year
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ch-paxton-supercharger-prices-will-go-up.html

If my car doesnt sell in the next couple days I'm going to give Rev auto a call and get a paxton now. I really like the Vortech 20th black edition but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find one.

GNSNAKE

Established Member
yes it is on stock junk tires so can u beat that:shrug:

ps I have a ls. mph at the track tells the story
I want to put a blower on mine just want to see what they will do:beer:

rob

Punisher1401

Established Member
The blk edition looks sick!! wish i could pull the trigger now but cant my hands on the funds till feb. Adam is the shit!!

Last edited:

Unrealford

Established Member
A buddy of mine has a Paxton on his Boss, he's at 615 hp approximately.
Why do you guys prefer a supercharger like a Paxton instead of a Whipple?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
A buddy of mine has a Paxton on his Boss, he's at 615 hp approximately.
Why do you guys prefer a supercharger like a Paxton instead of a Whipple?

A lot of guys woud like to keep the intake manifold. I do too but after having a terminator a twin screw is pointless in 1st/2nd gear on street tires and DR's. I've never had a centri supercharger but it seems pretty cool. I like the power delivery, the fact that they dont get as hot, bov and looks.

Punisher1401

Established Member
Agree the instant torque creates traction issues, my main reason is as stated. Keeping the boss manifold on

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I trapped 117mph on 6 consecutive pass's bone stock with stock tires, then trapped 123mph with full exhaust, intake, tune, mt's. I ran 11.5's at 2 different strips, and mph ranged anywhere from 117mph to 123mph depending on the temps, but et's stayed the same.

GNSNAKE

Established Member
burnin4

I trapped 117mph on 6 consecutive pass's bone stock with stock tires, then trapped 123mph with full exhaust, intake, tune, mt's. I ran 11.5's at 2 different strips, and mph ranged anywhere from 117mph to 123mph depending on the temps, but et's stayed the same.

so would u think a blown boss should m.p.h. 125+

rob

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I think a blown boss should trap 130mph+. I'm only on a 3.6 pulley, which is only one pulley from stock, and my GT trapped a best of 137mph.

Although this was on E85 and on an auto I'm pretty sure you can handle 700rwhp on the roadrunner motor comfortably because I've been at that hp on the coyote for 6 months now.

If you don't have a 5.0 tuner that know's his end's and outs of these motor's I recommend giving Shaun with AED a shout because that's who did my remote tune.

Users who are viewing this thread