Any bodybuilders here? Lets hear your story

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
I made this thread because of the conversation started in the MMA and Steroids thread.

First off i love to workout, preferably bodybuilding style. I have been training for 4 years (started when i was 15) i went from 125 to 175 naturally with regular supplements. Creatine, N02, etc. Also note im only 5'9

I have used some "illegal" substances for a short period of time, and the strength gain and mass gains were incredible. When i chose to use these substances i had it all planned out and did my research, PCT, SERMs, all the normal stuff. This took my weight to about 185. Not too dramatic because i purposely cut my self off after only a few weeks. ( i wasn't eating enough or getting to the gym enough so i didn't want to waste it)

Some notable gains after a few short weeks were:

Bench Press went from 230 x8 to 275x7 and 300 x 3
French Curls/ Triceps went from 70lbs x 6 reps to 110lbsx 6 reps

Basically i love bodybuilding, and want to see if anyone else does,And look at other peoples gains/stories.

Edit- i had no side effects or any problems, also i kept almost all my strength.

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I also love to hit the gym. I like to run too, probably more than going to the gym. I've never been able to gain more than 5 pounds and once I gained it I was never able to keep it. So I gave up on trying to gain weight. Now I just work out to stay healthy. I have thought about trying steroids or HGH, but common sense always kicks in and I never try them.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
^ good post it's definitely not for everyone. Ive had a lot of friends debate about it, i just say if YOU want to do them than do it, dont let someone else influence you. I started running again also, man does it feel good.

Im natural right now and loving it.

SN8KBITN

New SVT user
Established Member
Train natural now, weigh 235lbs, bench 315 x10 with about a 405lb max. Did steroids heavy for about 5 years, got up to 285lbs and was benching 405 x10 and did 5 plates for a single (495lbs). I was squating 495lbs for sets and shoulder pressing 315 for sets..........Now i just work out to stay in shape, don't really care for the heavy weight.

Ps.......All my steroid use was monitored by a physician with regular monthly check ups (bloodwork etc.)

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
aw man ive been slacking on the legs, they are getting little. I love ass to the floor squats though for sure.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
SN8KBITN said:
Train natural now, weigh 235lbs, bench 315 x10 with about a 405lb max. Did steroids heavy for about 5 years, got up to 285lbs and was benching 405 x10 and did 5 plates for a single (495lbs). I was squating 495lbs for sets and shoulder pressing 315 for sets..........Now i just work out to stay in shape, don't really care for the heavy weight.

Ps.......All my steroid use was monitored by a physician with regular monthly check ups (bloodwork etc.)

Awesome strength man, way to be safe also. I bet your a savage since you weigh like 230, i wish i could git the 200lb mark.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Quatrocky said:
aw man ive been slacking on the legs, they are getting little. I love ass to the floor squats though for sure.
its the one thing i hate doing but i still do them

MarvelMan

Established Member
I worked out for 10 years straight, but without the best stategy for a long time. I quit 3 years ago when I got married and just started going 4-5 days a week again about 3 months ago. I've never tried any illegal stuff, hell I don't even use creatine, just whey protein powder and I didn't even use that the first 8 years or so. For a long time I followed the routines in flex which are great if your on juice, but if not it is just too much volume. When I cut my workouts from 2 hours down to 45 intense minutes I started getting real gains. My 1 rep max bench went from 275 to 355 in 12 weeks after being stagnant for years. Granted when I was doing all the volume I was ripped up, but I wasn't gaining any size or strength. I was 6' 215 at like 10% bf. Right now as of today I am 6' 265 at like 18% bf. Assuming 5% bf for competition if I dieted down I could maybe come in at 220 at 5% assuming losing 10 pounds of muscle during dieting. I'm not sure I want to get much bigger, once I get my strenght back up from all the time off I'm probably just going to focus on dieting. If you want to PM me I have lots of training knowledge. I've trained with several low level pros and about 15 guys at my gym do shows. One guy is high level NPC and is going for a pro card in Dallas in November.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
MarvelMan said:
I worked out for 10 years straight, but without the best stategy for a long time. I quit 3 years ago when I got married and just started going 4-5 days a week again about 3 months ago. I've never tried any illegal stuff, hell I don't even use creatine, just whey protein powder and I didn't even use that the first 8 years or so. For a long time I followed the routines in flex which are great if your on juice, but if not it is just too much volume. When I cut my workouts from 2 hours down to 45 intense minutes I started getting real gains. My 1 rep max bench went from 275 to 355 in 12 weeks after being stagnant for years. Granted when I was doing all the volume I was ripped up, but I wasn't gaining any size or strength. I was 6' 215 at like 10% bf. Right now as of today I am 6' 265 at like 18% bf. Assuming 5% bf for competition if I dieted down I could maybe come in at 220 at 5% assuming losing 10 pounds of muscle during dieting. I'm not sure I want to get much bigger, once I get my strenght back up from all the time off I'm probably just going to focus on dieting. If you want to PM me I have lots of training knowledge. I've trained with several low level pros and about 15 guys at my gym do shows. One guy is high level NPC and is going for a pro card in Dallas in November.

nice job on that bench increase thats incredible. I need some new routine for sure, ill PM you about them.

PSI87

Banned
I go to the gym 3-4 days a week now since its the summer. Once I move back to school I'll be in there 6 days a week. Last summer I went from 140-165, gaining 20 of those lbs in a month. I took the next semester off. I started working out again in February at about 158lbs. I started out with repping 45lb dumbells flat bench. In about 2 weeks I got the balancing act down and was going 60s. When school got out in May I was at about 174lbs repping 70s. Now I'm 5'10'' just shy of 190 repping 80s. I'm going to Golds in a hour to talk with a personal trainer about adjusting my routine. I've gained considerable muscle in the past 6-7 months, which also means I've gained a little fat. So now I plan on working on definition, but I really won't be sadisfied until I'm repping 100s. Right now I'm using protein creatine mixes. Ordinarily I'll go get something decently nice like Xyience weight gainer and some wal mart cheap protein on the side. I bought this thing of "Muscle Juice" eariler this month that I've been using. It was 10.45lbs for 32 dollars before my gold card. I also bought some Nitrotech but I probably won't get it again. I've used some Xyience NOXCG3 but found it relatively ineffective. If I get a decent job anytime soon I'll probably try out NO2. No steroids for me.

PSI87

Banned
Quatrocky said:

I can't do them, they kill my traps. For leg's I just do the leg press, extensions and the calf machine. Dead lifts too but thats kind of a back exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread