Any Baton Rouge Guys here

1TuffCobra

Established Member
Just wondering if any of you guys here are from Baton Rouge!
I have a RoushCobra Mustang arriving in about 5 weeks which is heavily modded and was wondering how Adubon Ford is on modded cobra's. Thanks Tom

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i am not from baton rouge but i am from lafayette and do all my service at adubon ford in fact i just left there wednesday. i asked the question to my service adviser on his opinion on the subject and he said that whatever breaks that they would have to prove that it caused the breakage. so take that as you want but he said that they won't just void your warranty just because you mod it out. when you go talk to jeff in the service department real nice guy and he is willing to work with you. i don't know if your interested but if you want pm me your contact info and we have a bunch of guys locally that go to the track in donaldsonville quite often that all run in the low 12's and high 11's with cobra and ls1's.
later
brandon
excactly how heavily modded is your car and why is it going to take so long to get.

Last edited:

1TuffCobra

Established Member
Hey FearsNo1!

Why do you bring your car to Audobon Ford? Is it the closest SVT dealer to you? I ordered a Black 04 Cobra back in September. Ford just shipped it to Roush Racing and they are putting side exhaust, Brembo Brakes, 18 inch Chrome rims, and the stage III Body Kit and Spoiler. After they finish with it, it will be sent to PHP and he is going to install the following. Full leng subframe connecters (welded on) Short throw shifter, PHP IRS Toe-Links, PHP IRS Pinion Support Bushings, PHP/Elbach Springs, PHP/Bielstein Strut & Shock Package (Sport), PHP Fuel Rails w/ Line Kit & O.E Adaper, PHP Heat Exchanger, PHP 180 degree Thermostat, PHP Throttle Body w/ S/C Inlet, PHP S/C Cover & Pulley w/Belt, PHP Whell Spacer Kit, PHP Custom ECM Reflash, Caster Camber Plates, and Dynojet Chassis Tune. This whole process took 6 months but the wait is almost over:D I will be getting the car in 5 weeks. Tom

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Im in BR also. Im modded (445 rwhp). I havnt been there for any service yet.

btw, HIYA MIKE!

Yah, i work with him.

GImme a PM or email sometime ([email protected]). I wanna check that beast out!

If i have to deal with Audobon, ill try to let you know. Talked to All star the other day about window issue that cured itself, and they didnt have issue. Didnt ask to even open the hood.

BTW, give David at Thunder Racing a yell man. Hes the guy helping me tune mine out. Good dude, good shop. Im sure he would LOVE to check out that roush.

1TuffCobra

Established Member
Thanks Benna and Mike. I will let you all know when the car arrives so that you can check it out. Everyone at Ford is anxious to see the car since it is the first Roush StageIII car that they have ever gotten in. They only built 6 RoushCobras last year and mine is the first for this year. :D I can hardley wait till it comes in. How are your cars holding up? I have read all the little problems that these cars have ( but all can be fixed) and just wonderd if you had any of them. Tom

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Mine is doing ok. Far as i know, Mike and another friend of ours both doing ok also. Mike has the most miles of the three of us. I had bad clunk, mostly cured with MM IRS bushings and the right bolts.

Hope to hear from ya soon. I really wanna see that thing :)

BTW, you dont happen to have a brother with a black roush do ya? He does some kind of electrical work? I think he told me that his brother was thinking of getting one awhile back. If so, then him and i met where i work one day. If not, its besides the point lol.

acatalon

Established Member
Welcome 1 tuffcobra, I am from Lafayette along with Fearno1 ,J69Gordon, and my brother. I've taken mine down to B/R as well they've been cooperative with me, be nice to them and they will be nice to you. They have a Master Mechanic by there that knows his stuff. The Louisiana Group of Cobra owner occasionally get together at Hooters from time to time, infact we are over due for a "get-together,". There is also an 03 Saleen Cobra from Lafayette that joins in on the fun.

1TuffCobra

Established Member
Hey Benna what was the guys name? I do know a guy who has a stage II Black Roush who has two brothers so it maybe him. Hey acatalon thanks for the welcome. Which hooters do you all meet at? The one in Lafayette or the one in Baton Rouge? I did introduce myself to the shop manager and wanted to meet the Master Mechanic but he was not in the day I was there. What is his name? Next time I go there I want to look him up. They are the only ones that are going to touch my car. I dont trust anyone else. They know the Roush cars real well also. I will keep you guys posted. Tom

SouthernCobra

Established Member
You guys ever come to the Shreveport area? There are a few )3s up here also. Maybe we could plan a meet somewhere soon.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
yea i would be nice to schedule a get together real soon. and yes baton rouge has the closest svt dealer for us guys in lafayette although i heard a dealer in abbeville will work on them but i took mine to hub city in lafayette and they acted like it was the "black plague" or something, no cooperation whatsoever. but it's not that bad audubon works with me on whatever i need. like when i had the rear diff. cover leaking instead of just redoing the seal, jeff just gave me a whole new diff. he said he didn't want to mess with trying to fix the leak and frankly niether did i. i haven't been over there since i put my pulley on but i never heard a peep about my exhaust or intake.
later
brandon
so why don't we start throwing out some dates for this get together. and where?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
1tuff, i dont recall his name. Ive given you all the info i remember about him now :)

THat hooters meeting is in BR or Lafayette? Im down with that. Aint had good wings since my buddies bachelor party.

1TuffCobra

Established Member
Hey you guys mind waiting till I get my car before the GTG? I should get my car sometime in the beginnng of March. How about we make a tenative date of March 13 @ Noon at the Hooters in Baton Rouge. This is just a suggestion anyone else have a date in mind ? Tom

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
March 13th, noon in BR works for me.

Which one? Hooters off College Drive or Hooters off Seigen Lane? I havnt been to the new one on Seigen yet. I hear its nicer than the old one.

UP to you guys. Just lemme know.

BTW, i work 12hr shift. Im off every other weekend. So if it changes, i only ask that it change to one that im off :) March13th, or March 27th.

Last edited:

SVT 03 Cobra

SO far Audobon has been ok... DO NOT let their body shop touch your car though... trust me on this!!!

March 13th +14th is Ford-Chevy-Mopar Cajun National Series #1, @ No Problem raceway, so sorry guys, no way I will be @ hooters.... got some 10 second passes to make those 2 days... why not meet @ the track??

Jayson

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
March 27th, Thunder racing having a car show at Hooters oin Seigen (I think). Bring your cobras and make a showing! Ill be there as long as i dont have to work OT.

Felix with the 427hp Z06 will be there too i imagine. *grins*

You guys wanna just plan on meeting there this day?

Users who are viewing this thread