Anti THEFT ideas for the TERMINATOR?

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Jdaniel said:
I have just installed a Clifford 750.

http://www.adelcom.net/CLIFFORD-intelliguard-750-Page.htm

This alarm comes with all sorts of goodies. My favorite of which is the Valet switch (Blackjax) it has. Anytime I get into my car, I have to punch in a 4 digit pass code that allows me to operate the ignition. If im yanked out of the car (this will only happen at gun point :D), I just get out and let them take the car. As soon as 20 second passes, the computer waits till the car reaches 10 mph and shuts down. There after it being taken, the car automatically shuts off. It wont restart till I punch the code in.

There are several other features included in this kit such as the remote start, remote window opener, and adjustable proximity switch. If the proximity sensor goes off more than three times in one particular area (such as the front right quarter panel sensor) it will adjust to that and wont let the alarm go off again if hit there within an allotted amount of time. Its really a great alarm. The install is a little expensive. $1000-1200 in most places thats authorized to install it, but well worth the security it provides.
sounds neat

Juiced-03

Established Member
Jdaniel said:
I have just installed a Clifford 750.

http://www.adelcom.net/CLIFFORD-intelliguard-750-Page.htm

This alarm comes with all sorts of goodies. My favorite of which is the Valet switch (Blackjax) it has. Anytime I get into my car, I have to punch in a 4 digit pass code that allows me to operate the ignition. If im yanked out of the car (this will only happen at gun point :D), I just get out and let them take the car. As soon as 20 second passes, the computer waits till the car reaches 10 mph and shuts down. There after it being taken, the car automatically shuts off. It wont restart till I punch the code in.

There are several other features included in this kit such as the remote start, remote window opener, and adjustable proximity switch. If the proximity sensor goes off more than three times in one particular area (such as the front right quarter panel sensor) it will adjust to that and wont let the alarm go off again if hit there within an allotted amount of time. Its really a great alarm. The install is a little expensive. $1000-1200 in most places thats authorized to install it, but well worth the security it provides.

I had the blackjax in my last Cobra. Keep an eye on it, because I decided to test it several times and it failed to work. It was nice when it worked, but I can't say I would have counted on it to work when I needed it. If the door was opened for just a couple seconds it wouldn't trigger the blackjax, and other times it wouldn't matter how long the door was open (it just wouldn't trigger it at all). But sometimes it worked great. I had it checked out by 2 installers and they said it was installed properly, so there wasn't anything wrong with that. I'd love to have it again if I knew it would work all the time!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Oh, and one other thing. It will shut the car off when it's at a COMPLETE stop, and I mean complete. If he hops on a local freeway and rolls through most stop signs before he gets to his destination, he's gone.

stvdman

Established Member
Wow some good info... I would like to carry a hand-gun but I am going through Canada...they dont take too kindly to ANY hand gun....

cobra12003

Established Member
If the car is close to your room tie an invisable piece of fishing string underneath to one of your axels and tie it to your foot while your sleeping.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
cobra12003 said:
If the car is close to your room tie an invisable piece of fishing string underneath to one of your axels and tie it to your foot while your sleeping.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was ***in great!!!

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
cobra12003 said:

hahahaha. Great.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: I am with "Juiced '03"......front end to the kerb, parked between cars with the steering whhel locked at full lock. Anyone trying to winch it to a flatbed will have the car turn into the car alongside, with all the commotion you need to wake you up!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Anyone remember the guy that clung to his car and held on until the thief gave up? Something like that, I just remember the guy hung on to his car as the thief took off.

At any rate, between the PATS and unclipping the inertia switch in the trunk, thats about all you can reasonably do for a trip like yours.

Good luck.

BurnTire

Established Member
I had a buddy get his GN stolen a few years back.
When it was recoverd the thief put the club on the car. Criminal Tested and Approved.
Turn the wheel to the stop and put it between a few cars in front of your room.

ArmaN

Established Member
I had this idea of training a actual Cobra and throwing it in the car. The thief opens the door and all of a sudden its like Indiana jones' pit of horror and he gets attacked and dies right there on your car. You wake up in the morning and go to your car, pick up the dead body throw it in the "pile" pet the cobras and make your way to work/school/poker room in my case =D

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

GOOD IDEA? I THINK SO :thumbsup:

1bad03snake