Anti THEFT ideas for the TERMINATOR?

stvdman

Established Member
Ok, I wont have time to install an anti-theft device on my car when I go to pick her up on the EAST COAST and drive her across country. For some reason I dont lie the idea of staying in a hotel while leaving it sit outside unprotected. So is there an easy way besides disconntecting the battery to make it so the car wont start?

On my older Stang I would pul the coil wire off enough so the car wouldnt start...anything like that for the newer ones ?

I may go ahead and tryo to get it into a respectable shop and have an alarm installed but I am only really worried about my trip, not about the final destination. The small sleepy town here in SE Alaska isnt too prone to car thieves. Plus I dont have alot of free time while picking it up. Any ideas?

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
The car can't be hot wired, the PATS system will work fine as long as you do not loose your keys. The only thing you have to worry about is it being towed.

BlackSabbath

Established Member
Pros will show up with a truck and flatbed it. People usually don't ask questions and assume the car is broken and being towed to a shop.

Lojack is another option.

stvdman

Established Member
Ill just sleep light (maybe stop and sleep during early morning from 0500-1200) and drive during night. I can do that at least during the first part of the drive as I am used to being four hours earlier than EST.

Oh well thanks for the ideas....

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
If they want your car they will get your car.

No if ands or buts. The best you can do if keep it fully insured and park it in decent places.

optx002

Established Member
get a motel room on the first floor. reverse park directly in front of your window or door of the room your staying at. If someone starts it, you'll hear it. if they are using a flatbed.. no ideas.. you can always do what raging rio said and take off the wheels.. haha.

Rio

optx002 said:
get a motel room on the first floor. reverse park directly in front of your window or door of the room your staying at. If someone starts it, you'll hear it. if they are using a flatbed.. no ideas.. you can always do what raging rio said and take off the wheels.. haha.

i actually thought it was a decent idea? :shrug:

bringing four wheels with the correct offspacing requires way more planning and intelligence than most crooks have....

Juiced-03

Established Member
Always turn your wheels to one side, and don't back into your parking spot. Of course, that won't stop a thief if he really wants it, but it will be extremely loud and will probably make him think twice about it. Other than that, there isn't much more you can do. Like someone said, it can't be hotwired.

missile man

Established Member
There is no alarm that will keep your car yours if the Pro's want it. They will wait till you mess up and poof it is gone. What you don't want is some drive by joy riders snagging your ride because you didn't take the common sense precautions. Read your owners manual. It will give you some peace of mind once you understand the PATS. Make sure you have your insurance up to date, back your car into a nice tight spot, set your parking brake, and ensure you leave the car in 1st gear. Oh Yeah, Lock the doors!! Take care and good luck.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I don't know how easy it is on a Cobras, but here's a few ideas:

Pull a couple fuses.
Completely take off both battery wires (that might be difficult)
4 or more spark plug wires
Remove clutch pedal (another hard one)
Take off one wheel, maybe more, preferably rears
Remove shifter (another hard one, could be a hastly putting it back on, I don't know what it's like to take one off)
Take out battery

All of this determines how paranoid you are. But like people above said, if they really want it, they will take it.

Rio

ford_racer said:
I don't know how easy it is on a Cobras, but here's a few ideas:

Pull a couple fuses.
Completely take off both battery wires (that might be difficult)
4 or more spark plug wires
Remove clutch pedal (another hard one)
Take off one wheel, maybe more, preferably rears
Remove shifter (another hard one, could be a hastly putting it back on, I don't know what it's like to take one off)
Take out battery

All of this determines how paranoid you are. But like people above said, if they really want it, they will take it.

no offense, but where did you find that???

best bet is to take off all four wheel and screw your stock wheel lock lug nut back onto the bare stud....is common sense that hard to come by? starting it is obviously useless....most likely, thieves might encounter it and think someone else has already stolen the wheels...flatbed is a no go.... :poke:

Last edited by a moderator:

Juiced-03

Established Member
missile man said:
back your car into a nice tight spot, set your parking brake, and ensure you leave the car in 1st gear

I don't recommend backing into your spot because all a thief has to do is break your window or pick your lock (easy on these cars) and pop it out of gear and release the brake. By parking in forward and turning the wheels all the way (then lock the wheel) it will be much more difficult (and loud!) for a thief to flatbed it.

By backing in, he doesn't even need a flatbed now.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Put an x10 motion sensor in it so you can tell if it moves, and bring a piece.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
I have just installed a Clifford 750.

http://www.adelcom.net/CLIFFORD-intelliguard-750-Page.htm

This alarm comes with all sorts of goodies. My favorite of which is the Valet switch (Blackjax) it has. Anytime I get into my car, I have to punch in a 4 digit pass code that allows me to operate the ignition. If im yanked out of the car (this will only happen at gun point :D), I just get out and let them take the car. As soon as 20 second passes, the computer waits till the car reaches 10 mph and shuts down. There after it being taken, the car automatically shuts off. It wont restart till I punch the code in.

There are several other features included in this kit such as the remote start, remote window opener, and adjustable proximity switch. If the proximity sensor goes off more than three times in one particular area (such as the front right quarter panel sensor) it will adjust to that and wont let the alarm go off again if hit there within an allotted amount of time. Its really a great alarm. The install is a little expensive. $1000-1200 in most places thats authorized to install it, but well worth the security it provides.

Users who are viewing this thread