Anti roll bar

BMR Tech

I spoke with JPC about this. I used to use/recommend around 6.5" higher than the Crank bolt height, and JPC uses the center of the Water Pump.

What would happen was, the results would be about 8% difference (JPC's method was 8~% lower)....so I just decided to keep it simple, and use their method, as it is easier.

nonliberal

Established Member
Thanks. Do you have any plans in the future to offer a bearing option on the ARB instead of poly like with your other products? I know it makes it less user friendly for the masses, but I like sticking with one manufacture when I can.

BMR Tech

We may offer those bushings in Delrin. That would be the most "hardcore" we would get for our ARB for the S197.

nonliberal

Established Member
Well chop chop. I needs some. lol
That really should do the trick I would think.

Last edited:

JP0814GT

Established Member
I ran TRZ arb on my last build its one of the best for these cars. I run the BMR on my new car its nice too but the poly does have more give.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Just installed a TRZ anti roll bar in my 2011 works awesome!!! Helping me get 1.42, 60ft times I'm really hoping tomorrow night with some new ET Pros to see 1.40 - 1.39 , 60's

BMR Tech

Just had a friend/customer go 1.34 sixty last weekend when we were at the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkiTOUUzWzM&feature=youtu.be

10710578_10103271776535441_4503732136656803630_n.jpg

He has the BMR ARB, BMR Poly LCA, and BMR Poly UCA.

As you can tell, you can definitely make the stuff work.

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
How much power are you making OP?

I am replacing my BMR ARB with either a TRZ or Racecraft setup, but I don't have over axle pipes or axle back. The TRZ integrates the panhard bar and can use stock exhaust. The Racecraft does not integrate the panhard and you can't use the Racecraft with the Stock exhaust.

04compgt

Established Member
That's my car that went 1.34 60ft. Without even a hint of body roll. All poly bushings no solid bushings. I think most people bolt on the parts and go. With any suspension part there are tweaks and settings that need to happen. For example if the car is twisting, you may want to set the pre load differently on the ARB and also check your rear shock settings. If you are just bolting up the part and not adjusting any brand or company will have the same result.

JP0814GT

Established Member
Now that I have more passes on my BMR ARB I actually like it being a quieter piece than the TRZ and really haven't tested hard launching with foot brake auto trans. However I'm having JPC add a trans brake with the 6R trans upgrades so we will see BMR seems to have a real balance of performance while maintaining close to stock ride quality.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I have no issues with my BMR ARB......No twist in the car at all and consistent 1.36-1.38 60 ft's..........Before I installed the ARB I was in the 1.40-1.42 range with major twist in the car.

nonliberal

Established Member
Follow up. It turns out that the ARB was not part of the issue. The issue was actually the poly LCA was giving to much on one side and actually letting the tire push into the fender on the drivers side. I replaced the poly LCA's with spherical bearing and now the car is launching straight and level. Ran a 9.20 @ 152 last time out with the BMR ARB.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Follow up. It turns out that the ARB was not part of the issue. The issue was actually the poly LCA was giving to much on one side and actually letting the tire push into the fender on the drivers side. I replaced the poly LCA's with spherical bearing and now the car is launching straight and level. Ran a 9.20 @ 152 last time out with the BMR ARB.

Wow! That beast is making some power!
I take it your launching on the spray? How much boost & how much spray?

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
how does the BMR unit do on the street with the links all hooked up? My car is a street car first and track car second, BUT i wanna get some solid 60's and it aint easy on a stick. What is the enemy of an ARB on the street?

nonliberal

Established Member
how does the BMR unit do on the street with the links all hooked up? My car is a street car first and track car second, BUT i wanna get some solid 60's and it aint easy on a stick. What is the enemy of an ARB on the street?

The BMR unit is probably the only one I would drive regularly on the street. It is pretty forgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread