another wheel question, pics please!

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
before anyone yells at me, YES I DID A SEARCH, and you svtp guys can fulfill my birthday wish for me today ;)

im trying to decide what wheels i want, i was thinking about chrome saleen reps, but how would a staggered 17/18 combo look? i have a black 99 coupe, so any pics you guys can throw at me of ANY wheels would really help! more than one angle preferred, im kind of picky on the way it looks on all angles

thanks!

99MystiC

Established Member
I had a black 2003 GT with a cobra front and i had the black bullitts with a polished lip staggered fit 18s. Im sorry i dont have pics of it but just to let you know it looked awsome . I had alot of compliments back then. Plus its easier to keep them clean.

CobraKalas

Established Member
staggered 17 and 18 inch wheels dont look right because of the huge sidewall on the front 17s w/ the skinny sidewall on the rear 18s

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I remember a member here did 17/18 bullitts on his GT. Pulled it off pretty well. I'll see if I can't find some pictures

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
mine are 18X9 and 18X10.5

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

then here is my car with 17X9 &17X10.5 03 cobra wheels.
101_0108.jpg

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
One thing some forget about when making wheel choices is the weight.
Find a style you like that weighs the same or less than what you have.
Saleen wheels are very heavy.
Rotating weight is not good for performance.

cobraracer46

Banned
One thing some forget about when making wheel choices is the weight.
Find a style you like that weighs the same or less than what you have.
Saleen wheels are very heavy.
Rotating weight is not good for performance.

For sure, the Saleen knockoff wheels that you see on every mustang are incredibly heavy and the extra weight over the stock wheels could not be in worse areas of a mustang: unsprung and rotational weight. Translation: acceleration, ride and handling will be negatively affected.
A CNC forged 3 piece wheel would be the best choice, but lighter than stock one piece wheels are available for people on a budget.

00_elecgreen_gt

Established Member
thats just plain sick right there.... i love the black wheels on the electric green also ... thinkin bout doin that to my cobra when i get it this weekend

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
A CNC forged 3 piece wheel would be the best choice, but lighter than stock one piece wheels are available for people on a budget.

yes sir. and like with our wheels, the majority of the weight is at the very center of the wheel, at the hub. the closer the weight is to the center, the better. the spun aluminum hoops are very light actually. on a cast wheel, the weight is pretty much all over the wheel. so while a certain forged wheel may weigh the same as a certain cast wheel, they do not put the weight into motion in the same way. like a 150lb overweight person vs 150lb athlete, if that makes any sense, lol.

and yes, as mentioned, it can affect acceleration, handling and braking distances as well. :burnout:

forged wheels dont just look good and are super strong, they also have performance benefits as well. which is why some vehicle manufacturers have used them on some oem hi-po cars.

Users who are viewing this thread