Another two mod packages arrived

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
Another two packages landed on this far shore from LFP

the first package contained the bassani cat-backs that are now on my L along with these beautys

the second had these shiny bits of kit in it

the only thing to come now is the top idler kit and I will be set for the short time until the mod bug bites again
I'll post some more pics when everything is fitted

Thanks to Mark and the Lads at LFP :beer:
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Thanks Lads
Shipping costs do suck big time the Bassani cost over half the price of the exhaust again in shipping ,then there is import duty and V.A.T. at 17.5% put on top of the whole deal
They take the total value of the goods plus the shipping then add import duty on average about 5-9 % then they put 17.5 % on top of all of that ,so they tax you twice :cuss:
Then U.P.S. charges a brokerage charge just for touching the package at U.K. customs :bash:
But hey I love my L and its worth every penny
Cheers
Brit-Lightning

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
BRIT-LIGHTNING said:
Thanks Lads
Shipping costs do suck big time the Bassani cost over half the price of the exhaust again in shipping ,then there is import duty and V.A.T. at 17.5% put on top of the whole deal
They take the total value of the goods plus the shipping then add import duty on average about 5-9 % then they put 17.5 % on top of all of that ,so they tax you twice :cuss:
Then U.P.S. charges a brokerage charge just for touching the package at U.K. customs :bash:
But hey I love my L and its worth every penny
Cheers
Brit-Lightning

I hear you buddy, shipping cost is stupid ! But taxes is the worst, i´ve probably paid at least 10 grand in shipping and taxes the last few years. :(

Well thats the price we have to pay for living in the wrong side of the world i guess.

Bootbox

Established Member
Now that is dedication!

Nice man, very nice. Your truck will be a whole new beast soon! Enjoy. :)

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I hope you got a programmer in there somewhere. Congrats on the new stuff, Mark is great huh? Your going to be amazed at the difference it makes.

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
have fun taking the stock lower pully off. that thing took me 1.5 hours and cost me 2 breaker bars and a gash on my shoulder when it did finally come loose.

Chi3f

Established Member
ra1nmakr said:
have fun taking the stock lower pully off. that thing took me 1.5 hours and cost me 2 breaker bars and a gash on my shoulder when it did finally come loose.

damn that sucks. when i swapped mine out it went fairly well.

LightningMAS

Banned
everything went fine with mine except i had to take it off about 3 times cause the belt would slip off, then i relized my dumbass has the pulley middle bracket on backwards.. lol so i flipped it and bolted it on and went well.. its the LFP pulley..

Freedom

Established Member
What is that in the circled area?? Mark sells steering column pods?

wth.jpg

Last edited:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Thanks to all of you for the great feedback Lads
my tuner arrived some time ago with this delivery ID 10 T

By the way Mate I read your sticky today on Gen 2 FAQ ,great asset for us newbies Top man :thumbsup:

Swede, I know what you mean its the price we pay for our passion ,hope to get together with you and the other euro owners next year it would be really cool to hit the Autobahn in a group of L's and to meet some of the other owners in person
My Mate said that I can use his lift to fit the pully so I should be able to get under it with enough space to use a BIG bar if needs be ,he works on agricultural and large plant kit so has some pretty hefty bars in his workshop ,but hopefully it will come off without any major aggro
Take Care
Brit-Lightning.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
latemodelracer2 said:
that is a autometer gauge pod for the steering column

Thats right
He can get hold of about anything that you could need ,
all I did was got a list together of the kit that I wanted and he sourced it all for me and at great prices :beer:

GermanLightning

Established Member
Here in Germany there is one trick to save taxes, you must persuade the dealer to send the package not commercial and as a gift to you, then the German state don't want any taxes!!! Maybe in UK or Sweden it is similary.
But not every dealer do this for us European customers. My midpipes and MAFia just arrived, the L sounds great now even with a Flowmaster Cat back.
Every time I hear it, the shipping and taxes costs are forgotten.
I always mulitplicate the US price of a mod with 2,5 then I have nearly the price when I got this mod at my door.

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
BRIT-LIGHTNING said:
Swede, I know what you mean its the price we pay for our passion ,hope to get together with you and the other euro owners next year it would be really cool to hit the Autobahn in a group of L's and to meet some of the other owners in person

Take Care
Brit-Lightning.

I´ll be there !

We need to set this up, lets work something out for next summer.

:thumbsup:

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
GermanLightning said:
Here in Germany there is one trick to save taxes, you must persuade the dealer to send the package not commercial and as a gift to you, then the German state don't want any taxes!!! Maybe in UK or Sweden it is similary.
But not every dealer do this for us European customers. My midpipes and MAFia just arrived, the L sounds great now even with a Flowmaster Cat back.
I always mulitplicate the US price of a mod with 2,5 then I have nearly the price when I got this mod at my door.

The only thing swedish tax people look at is the value of the package, gift or not. Under $50 no tax, over $50 i pay first 7% in customs on value of package then 25% on value,shipping and on customs. So for a package valued at $100 with $50 in shipping my total is $196,25 :(
Hows that for dedication ! ? !

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Brit
you are gona have a freekin blast with all that new found power, becareful in the rain

as for the the shipping, well if that doesnt blow monkey balls i dont know what does

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
GermanLightning said:

U.K customs are getting wise to the "GIFT" marking of packages ,but I have found that here if the value of the goods is marked as less than $45.00 and sent via U.S.P.S that I usually get away with out paying tax ,
With U.P.S. and FED-EX I always get hit for tax bills ,but as you said if the supplier is helpfull he can lessen the bill for you its just a question of finding the right companys to deal with
The mods on your'e truck sound really cool ,and your website is great ,its right what you say when I drive my L all the cost and hassles are forgotten
All the Best :beer:
Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread