Another Turbo Build

Eatonualive281

Established Member
im still on the 6 speed at the moment. but still, even with the auto, the car still wouldn't perform as well as if it had a mach manifold. im not saying it wont be fast, but the car was MUCH MUCH more enjoyable to drive around. that was of course a daily driven street car. i dont know if thats what you do with yours, or if its more of a track car.

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
im still on the 6 speed at the moment. but still, even with the auto, the car still wouldn't perform as well as if it had a mach manifold. im not saying it wont be fast, but the car was MUCH MUCH more enjoyable to drive around. that was of course a daily driven street car. i dont know if thats what you do with yours, or if its more of a track car.
This is my take on it also. Yes, the auto can take up some slack for lack of low/midrange punch by slipping the converter with a higher stall. But still, power is power. I believe you'd still notice a significant drivability difference with a manifold with some runners--especially if this is a street car. But I'm sure the car will be fun nonetheless.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member

This is my take on it also. Yes, the auto can take up some slack for lack of low/midrange punch by slipping the converter with a higher stall. But still, power is power. I believe you'd still notice a significant drivability difference with a manifold with some runners--especially if this is a street car. But I'm sure the car will be fun nonetheless.

This isn't my daily driver guys ;-) , and trust me we took into account everything you guys are talking about concerning the intake. To offset it nitrous is going to be run and shot off once the car is in boost, hey if it doesnt work it's just a cold side and sullivan intake away from being right :beer:

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
so when are you getting it on the rollers??

Soon, just waiting on my sumped tank and ordering a custom radiator. Here's a current picture

imagejpeg_2_19.jpg

Eatonualive281

Established Member
does anybody know ( not to hijack the thread OP, but your build got me thinking lol ) how close is too close when putting the turbo next to the tb? like, 8 to 10 inches of charge piping or even less? would it want to "push" the tb open?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
does anybody know ( not to hijack the thread OP, but your build got me thinking lol ) how close is too close when putting the turbo next to the tb? like, 8 to 10 inches of charge piping or even less? would it want to "push" the tb open?
I would think it wouldn't matter. Obviously most aren't that close due to the need for an intercooler. So I would think the shorter the better. As long as you can fit a BOV in there somewhere.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
you could run a water to air just like the op is doing, only with a tb in the front and a draw thru maf. but i was thinking, how much pressure would get stuck in such a short pipe exactly (when the throttle closes). could you just get away with no bov and an anti surge compressor housing?

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Small update, just been really busy with work and spending time with the family. Fuel system is complete just need to order a radiator, project took longer than expected but it was all my fault for not budgeting correctly for it :(

250181_466482506718063_1775363344_n-1.jpg

3713_466412346725079_1666020830_n.jpg

z28misfit

Established Member
this is interesting,,Ive been really considering taking off my F1a setup and going turbo but honestly it never even dawned on me to try to use the procharger hat that I already have. Yeah well,,Im getting a sullivan lower intake off a member on here anyways. If I keep the F1a Im doing a front mount setup,,if I sell Im going turbo. I do like the way your setup looks though.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
this is interesting,,Ive been really considering taking off my F1a setup and going turbo but honestly it never even dawned on me to try to use the procharger hat that I already have. Yeah well,,Im getting a sullivan lower intake off a member on here anyways. If I keep the F1a Im doing a front mount setup,,if I sell Im going turbo. I do like the way your setup looks though.

Thank you

Interesting installation. Not many guys running it with the turbine on the passenger side. Any more pictures of the downpipe routing?

I'll try to get some next week, sorry for the delay

Am i missing something or are you not running an intercooler?

I'm running the factory water to air

hurry up and put it on rollers.

LoL sorry guys for the long delay, still need the radiator to get it going. Only new pictures I have.

2012122895155141.jpg

2012122895142936.jpg

QuinnsSS

That’s what she said
Established Member
Also waiting for an update on this thread. I would like to see how well the stock lower intake/intercooler setup works. I can't find a whole lot of info on it with a turbo car.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Any update on this build?

Also waiting for an update on this thread. I would like to see how well the stock lower intake/intercooler setup works. I can't find a whole lot of info on it with a turbo car.

Sorry for the delay guys, don't really have any updates right now. Been real busy with work and my family. Only thing left is small odds and ends.

2013020595110503_zpscbd55f84.jpg

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
So the radiator is in? I'm really curious to see a dyno graph. I'm wondering where it will make power and the peak numbers. This is an incredibly interesting setup.

Users who are viewing this thread