Another trip to the dealer...

CobraTone

Established Member
Well, as if she hasn't seen this place enough. Sheesh. At least I get to drive my mom's '03 light blue convertible VW Bug. :kaboom:

Anyways, the issues to address:
1. Big paint chip on front bumper, front bumper cover is getting repainted.

2. OIL cooler was leaking when I was getting oil changed. I know the guy that does it really well so I trust him with my car. He tightened it up so it wasn't leaking, but said I should have Ford check it out. Left a bottle of Mobil 1 in the car so they don't put crappy oil back in if they take off the filter. (Watch them void my warranty for using the wrong oil! :lol1: )

3. AC Clunk when compressor kicks on. They fixed it once, it is back.

4. Nasty rattle behind the AC controls.

Anyone want to start a pool on how long they will have her? How about how many miles they will test drive her? Any guesses? :bored:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Best of luck on the repairs. Hope everything is done to your satisfaction. :burnout:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraTone
Anyone want to start a pool on how long they will have her? How about how many miles they will test drive her? Any guesses? :bored:

Uh.... Two Weeks, two Weeks....!!!!

total_recall_large_03.jpg

The standard answer for everything Ford does. :nonono:

CobraTone

Established Member
Lol, I hope not two weeks! That's how long it took for them to replace my head assembly for the tick. That was the longest two weeks of my life!! :cryying:

akaeric

Established Member
Man I might start looking at the Lemon law if its just 2003 model and you are having all those problem.

CobraTone

Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
Man I might start looking at the Lemon law if its just 2003 model and you are having all those problem.

Well, rattles, clunks, and paint chips don't really bother me that much, easily fixed for the most part. The tick, yes that was serious, but gone now. As for the oil cooler, I think that was the fault of the one time I didn't take it to my normal guy and they put the oil filter on WAY too tight and ruined the seal. So I wouldn't go through the hassle of a lemon claim, too much crap. I'll keep my baby, even with her kinks. :burnout:

CobraTone

Established Member
Question: Can anyone that had a part of their car repainted tell me how it turned out? Can you notice any difference between it and the rest of the car?

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
I have had over 70% of my car repainted, yeah I can tell a diff! Big time, its gonna get new paint, gonna go Saleen Lizstick red, they cant match the metallic paint very well IMHO no matter what they do. Better off repainting the entire thing. ICK! Other people cant notice, unless I point it out of course, but I am sure you are like me with your baby, every inch is known.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraTone
Question: Can anyone that had a part of their car repainted tell me how it turned out? Can you notice any difference between it and the rest of the car?

Well, my D/S mirror was repainted. Can't tell. I've seen a couple of other Cobra's that have been repainted. The problem is with the silvers and reds. You'll see a slight difference because the process is different, unless your car dealer has a master painter on site and knows the tricks to making it look the same as the original process.

StreetSnake

Established Member
At least I get to drive my mom's '03 light blue convertible VW Bug.
Cobratone Im not sure I understand arent you getting a loaner from the dealer? If not, how come?:beer:

CobraTone

Established Member
No, I didn't get a loaner. My mom dropped the car off for me because I had class, and she has another car, so I just took her VW. Besides, I'd rather drive hers than a Taurus with huge white letters that say "Ford of Ocala" all over the damn car. :beer:

CobraTone

Established Member
Originally posted by B03Cobra
I have had over 70% of my car repainted, yeah I can tell a diff! Big time, its gonna get new paint, gonna go Saleen Lizstick red, they cant match the metallic paint very well IMHO no matter what they do. Better off repainting the entire thing. ICK! Other people cant notice, unless I point it out of course, but I am sure you are like me with your baby, every inch is known.

Eek, that really stinks! Hopefully Platinum Cobra is right and the problem cars are the silver and reds. I would hope black wouldn't be too difficult to replicate. :rolleyes:

davidmax

Established Member
Get the Qt. of oil out of there,and let them use there5-20 you can change the oil after your satisfied with the repairs.They can and assume they WILL!!!!!!!! void youA$$H0lz that they have become,Dave Smilovic

rskdsk

Established Member
Ford repainted my rear bumper after it fell off. Don't ask, I still can not beleive it happened. And yes there is a big difference in the color. Redfire is very hard to match ... even if ford does it.

shweggy 03snake

Established Member
I have the satin silver metallic and had the whole nose (front bumper cover) repainted because somebody keyed it into the plastic. I did not have ford do it. I had it done at a private shop, and even I cannot tell if it was repainted.

Users who are viewing this thread