Another Terminator Loss

Cobreezy

Established Member
Like the title says, another Terminator loss.:( I was driving about 45 mph and the road was wet. Came around a bend in the road and as soon as I come out of the bend, I start hydroplaning. My ass ended up whipping around and that's when I lost control and ended up hitting a tree almost head on. Air bags deployed and I ended up with a sore neck and knees. My car on the other hand didn't make it out so well. I'll let the photos do the talking.

17f3efcb.jpg

5f6e2f1c.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

She was a fun car and I will truly miss her. If the price is right, I might buy her back and part her out.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Too bad man, it hurts the car guy in me to see that, but the real man in me is glad to hear you and anyone else involved is okay for the most part. We love our cars but they are replaceable ( more or less ) but people, not so much! :thumbsup:

On a side note, interesting to see how well the Mustang protected the driver in a driver side off center front end collision. I've always heard those are the most dangerous according to the NTSB. Did your car have sub-frame connectors?

Edit, saw in your sig the car had FL-SFCs. Curious how that changes crash impact.

Last edited:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
well that really sucks
long as your ok, all is good
regardless of what tire is in rear these cars are loose as hell out back
get another, they are cheap

mrose75

Established Member
Damn............. I'm glad you're OK, but that just pains me to see. She looked like a beaut. Sorry, hopefully you can get her back, part her oout and get back into the saddle with another Terminator or GT500. best of luck.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Damn really sucks to hear this. If u do get it back i need the passenger side license plate plastic housing, mine cracked. p.m. me if u do.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Damn bro your lucky, glad you're ok. Sorry to see your ride banged up. If you didn't buy it back and part it out do you think all those choice parts in your sig would just go to the junkyard? What happens to a car like yours if the insurance keeps her?

99 BIG RED

Established Member
Wow, that looks bad... I'm glad your ok. I've done the same in my old GT and I was able to fix it, but they are never the same so I sold it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Truly sucks, if the price is right you should buy it back. Heck I've seen just the seats alone go for good money.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that!
Glad you are ok.

Did the rear tires have about the same tread as that left front tire in the pic?

If so it was probably not the car's or your fault so much as not enough water pumping from a tire that was just too worn for rain use.

Tread depth is a very big deal in the rain, and when it bites back, it is devastating.

I am so sorry for your loss.:(

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
That sucks man, wanna sell your hood inserts cheap? lol. What tires did you have on when you hydroplaned? DR? Only thing that matters is your ok man!

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
TERMINATED....lol... sorry I had to. Sorry for your loss bro, but like many have said, it could've been alot worse. I know someone who died last year when the car hit a pole in similar circumstances and caught fire.

Users who are viewing this thread