another seafoam question, but about cats

torchred2000gt

Established Member
We are going to use seafoam on my friend's recently purchased 1998 black cobra convertible with 86000 miles. I saw in another post that someone tried out the seafoam on some carbon to see what it actually does and that it turned it to sludge. Obviously this has to all blow out of the exhaust and I'm wondering what this does to the catalytic converters; could it possibly be detrimental. Thanks a lot from an SVT lover, for now due to lack of funds I'm running a 2000 torch red Gt with a vortech set at 8psi with 29x11.5's. My weekend warriar :banana: .
Rob

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I've used it in two cars w/cats and both passed passed the Ohio E-check without any problems. I would'nt worry about it.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
na svt said:
I've used it in two cars w/cats and both passed passed the Ohio E-check without any problems. I would'nt worry about it.
That's hilarious. Ohio e-Check = plug into the OBD-II port and look for codes. It means nothing. I cleared my codes in the driveway waiting to get """tested""" - what do you know, I passed! Although as a tax payer I don't find it amusing that they now park your car on the $250k worth of the now unused "roller test equipment" while they plug in....

They don't even do a visual any more - I could have gone in with no cat-cons and no one would have been the wiser.....

Ohio e-Check is merely a way for the state to suck $20 from your wallet and keep several GED holders off the street. Just like the toll gates on Rt. 80, e-Check facilities now exist merely to support themselves..... The program should have ben shut down in the counties that were stupid enough to adopt it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
johnny-longtors said:
That's hilarious. Ohio e-Check = plug into the OBD-II port and look for codes. It means nothing. I cleared my codes in the driveway waiting to get """tested""" - what do you know, I passed! Although as a tax payer I don't find it amusing that they now park your car on the $250k worth of the now unused "roller test equipment" while they plug in....

They don't even do a visual any more - I could have gone in with no cat-cons and no one would have been the wiser.....

Ohio e-Check is merely a way for the state to suck $20 from your wallet and keep several GED holders off the street. Just like the toll gates on Rt. 80, e-Check facilities now exist merely to support themselves..... The program should have ben shut down in the counties that were stupid enough to adopt it.
Ya'll are lucky then, Down here if you reset right before It knows you didn't go through 2 drive cycles and will fail you. There's no getting around it for me.

To answer the question, It will not hurt cats.
If you pour seafoam on carbon I'm sure it will turn to sludge.
But run it through 1000+ degree combustion and it will no longer be sludge.

Users who are viewing this thread