Another Rip Off!!! Do not buy from slow03stang!!!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
so i buy a Magnaflow Magnapack catback for $300 shipped from slow03stang(Travis Crutcher) for my solid axle. what i got was indeed not a magnaflow catback. in fact, the only thing that was actually right was the mufflers themselves. i was made aware that the tips were the rolled kind, not the normal straight edge style. here is the list of things that were wrong:

1) the piping is most definitely not magnaflow. it looks like someone bent it in their basement with a vice and a hammer

2) tips were supposed to be 3.5", but are in fact 4".

3) the sections of pipe that connect from the midpipe to the mufflers are nonexistant

4) exhaust hangers were simply chopped off. less weight maybe...:shrug:

img0930bg6.jpg

img0931kd9.jpg

img0932fs3.jpg

the first three pics here display the quality "Magnaflow" mandrel bent piping. Magnaflow would go out of business if anything like this left with their name on it.

img0936co2.jpg

here's all that i got. notice the missing pieces. last i checked a catback includes from the midpipe to the tips....

img0933yv7.jpg

i know this may be minor to some, but to me it is not at all. going through the hassle of welding new hangers on to an exhaust that i thought was going to be bolt on(except for a couple of butt welds) was not what i was looking for.

img0937jz6.jpg

top it all off with his proffesional packing job and we've got a winner. yup, that's an old blanket tossed into a box. exhaust was thrown in there. and yup, you guessed it, duct tape to hold the box shut!

now, i have made multiple pm's to slow03stang making him aware of my dissatisfaction. i started out rather nicely, just naming the things wrong with it. i told him that if he rufunded me my money i would be happy to send him the exhaust back and i would cover the shipping. it took him a while to respond, as expected. he simply said that i was made aware of these things and that he would not refund any money.

i asked him to show proof of him telling me, or even pics that showed any of these things. never got a response to that....

this is where i started to feel my temper rise. i looked at the box label and his phone number was conveniently printed below his name. so i happily called it. i spoke with him and we just went in circles on all of the topics listed above. he followed this up with hanging up on me. as i called right back, his immaturity was properly displayed. he had his daddy pick up the phone and refuse to let me talk to his 21 year old son! i wanted to laugh. his dad even went into saying that it was a used part, so what should i expect. i explained to him that i was fully aware that it was used and that my problems did not involve anything that had to do with it being used. he eventually gave him the phone and made the same laps around as before. he told me he had to go, but to call him back later that night. needless to say, i haven't heard from him since.

needless to say, i had to order a brand new magnapack catback. so much for saving money....now i almost doubled what i was hoping to spend on exhaust!

what a great experience from another quality loser SVTP member! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
my grandmother could do a better bending job than that and it would better than magnaflow, but then my grandmother is the best. that crap looks just as it is , crap

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^^^my point exactly!

Wishing4Cobra said:
that sucks man.. hope you get it straightened out.
that's just the thing. when he won't return phone calls or pm's it becomes pretty hard. my only option left is to spread the word....

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
$300 shipped. i thought it was too good to be true!

it WAS too good to be true, but it sux that ass wipes like that pull shit like this. Ill think twice before buying any used exhaust from people

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
Oh man! you dont know how close i was to buying that cat-back from him! I vote to ban his ass! I dont want to have to worry about whether or not i am going to get ripped off by a fellow member when i buy things! I am sorry you have to deal with this.

Edit: Where is this 21 year old jackass live?

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Damn, man. I hate seeing shit like this. That's total horseshit. PM the mods and stay on this dude's ass.

Did you use Paypal?? If so, maybe try their resolution center??

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
You can IM him at travis15348 but he'll probably change it when he figures it out. Paypal usually will not help much in a case like this. They are mostly there if the package doesnt arrive, they dont do a lot for damage. but it would be worth a try if thats how you paid.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
Damn, man. I hate seeing shit like this. That's total horseshit. PM the mods and stay on this dude's ass.

Did you use Paypal?? If so, maybe try their resolution center??
oh, i will be on his ass! :thumbsup: i will pm HISSMAN after posting this. and yes, i did use paypal to transfer out of my checking. i will see if they can do anything at all.

Rotzs99

Established Member
wheres he from? Time for a good ole new edge ass whoopin.

Im sorry, but that piping is hilarious, looks like a blind retard bent that whacking his inbred sister over the head.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Man - that's messed up....I back 8-10 years ago over on the Corral and Stangnet, I used to buy used parts all the time with little to to no worries. Now, it looks like every time you turn around someone's getting screwed. I honestly have to say at this point, I (along WITH that catback) would be using a buddy pass to make a visit to MO in order to return/refund.

Users who are viewing this thread