Another question of philosophy: time to pull the trigger?

03CobraBro

Established Member
I was a big Clinton supporter (surprise surprise) but I have to admit, the way that administration handled waco was a sickening display.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Koresh has a special hot place in Hell of his own making, of course.

The government just hastened the process in their ham-fisted way at the expense of quite a few people....the very people they were trying to protect.

Koresh was predicting his own demise in fire, and got what he prohesied.

Too bad.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by speederdoc
I don't care what "god" he worshipped, that part doesn't bother me. Apparently he thought he was the messiah. This part does bother me
I see, so you hope to impose your will on him because you have a problem with it?

He used the children as human shields, like the f**king terrorists in Palestine.
Big difference though. This is America and people have rights. Guess you missed (more like don't care about) that part. It's just slightly important to the civilized world.

He started the fires as well.
Do you have proof? That's not what I understand happened.

He needed to be eliminated, and he was.
Why? Because he thought he was god and YOU wont have that? You'll kill him first right? He doesn't have the right to a trial, let's just eliminate him. Statism on display folks.

speederdoc

Established Member
I despised clinton and reno, but I despise people who flaunt their hatred for this country even more. Yeah, it could have been handled better. They did the best they could in a tough situation.

WTF was he doing with those machine guns anyway? Why didn't he pay taxes like the rest of us? What kind of person shoots and kills government agents? He needed to die, and he brought innocents down with him. His right to liberty ended when he and his followers pulled the triggers and set the flames.

03DOHC

Established Member
I despise people who flaunt their hatred for this country even more.
That is not against the law either.

Yeah, it could have been handled better. They did the best they could in a tough situation.
Baloney. The govt had many chances to nab him out in town.

WTF was he doing with those machine guns anyway?
Probably to protect himself from an overbearing government. Guess he was right huh?

Why didn't he pay taxes like the rest of us?
So if people don't pay their taxes the government has the right to spray CS gas in your house with tanks, shoot at you, kill 100 people, and light your house on fire to get to you? I don't believe the government has the right to TAKE my money anyway.

What kind of person shoots and kills government agents?
The kind that gets shot at.

He needed to die, and he brought innocents down with him. His right to liberty ended when he and his followers pulled the triggers and set the flames.
So you are telling me the little 3 month old babies gave up their liberty when they pulled the trigger? Get a grip.

You need to stop being so quick at jumping to conclusions. It was a blunder on the most massive scale. Little babies died. There is no justification for that. None.

Statism. Just say no.

speederdoc

Established Member
Why do I always get into arguments with Californians? I will agree to disagree with you on these principles, our differences of opinion will never be resolved.

People can flaunt their hatred of the government, but I don't have to like it. People can hoard machine guns all they want, but they damn well better follow the laws regarding those weapons, otherwise they risk being considered dangerous (by me and by the government). If a policeman or government agent comes to arrest you with guns drawn, you had damn well better lay down your arms and get on the ground. If you shoot at them, you will likely die. If you are a parent who puts your three month old in that situation, Darwin's law takes over.

I give up. Think what you want, that is what makes our country great. Just don't go to far, like Koresh did. :shrug:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
People can flaunt their hatred of the government, but I don't have to like it.
Nope, you don't, that's the beautiful thing about freedom.

People can hoard machine guns all they want, but they damn well better follow the laws regarding those weapons, otherwise they risk being considered dangerous (by me and by the government).
What if those laws are wrong? Why does not following them make someone dangerous? If anything, your stupidity is more dangerous to society then a guy who stockpiles Class III goodies for fun. At least I can count on him being ready to defend his freedoms, I can't say the same about you.

If a policeman or government agent comes to arrest you with guns drawn, you had damn well better lay down your arms and get on the ground.
So let's say I violate a law that got passed nixing my freedom of speech. You are saying I should give in and not fight for that freedom? Please, see above quote regarding people giving up freedom for "security".

If you shoot at them, you will likely die.
If it get's to the point where the government has their puppets going around with their guns drawn automatically with a threaten first attitude, it's probably best they do get shot. Also, they shouldn't worry about me doing the shooting, I just answer the door... it's my one friend 200 yards out with an SSG3000 that he has to worry about, and in the event he misses, my other friend in the opposite direction.

Just don't go to far, like Koresh did.
If the government let's me keep my rights, nothing is going to happen. In fact, I'm a rather nice guy, and damn charitable too!

Last edited:

speederdoc

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
What if those laws are wrong? Why does not following them make someone dangerous? If anything, your stupidity is more dangerous to society then a guy who stockpiles Class III goodies for fun. At least I can count on him being ready to defend his freedoms, I can't say the same about you.
Which laws are you talking about, specifically? You disagree with the registration fees for automatic weapons? Then lobby peacefully to change them. We are not so different. I am not some pussy anti-gun nut cowering in fear. I own several weapons, and know how to use them. I do not think the current regulations are too restrictive.

So let's say I violate a law that got passed nixing my freedom of speech. You are saying I should give in and not fight for that freedom?
Sorry, I don't see that happening at this point. And no, I would back you up.

I would be less worried about the lone individual who has a hard on for automatic weapons than an obviously psychotic cult leader who had brainwashed many others into following his bizarre teachings, and who was preparing for an attack of some kind, like that nut was. I for one, am glad he is no longer a threat.

But my eyes are always open for other threats. I'm glad your's are too. I think an armed populace is a good thing.

03DOHC

Established Member

I would be less worried about the lone individual who has a hard on for automatic weapons than an obviously psychotic cult leader who had brainwashed many others into following his bizarre teachings, and who was preparing for an attack of some kind, like that nut was. I for one, am glad he is no longer a threat.
You think they were brainwashed? How about the rest of religion? Why do you not consider them brainwashed and dangerous too? There are 2 large cults today and many smaller ones. One is christian and the other is muslim. Both are large cults who worship an imaginary entity. That scares me a whole lot more than one small cult.

speederdoc

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
You think they were brainwashed? How about the rest of religion? Why do you not consider them brainwashed and dangerous too? There are 2 large cults today and many smaller ones. One is christian and the other is muslim. Both are large cults who worship an imaginary entity. That scares me a whole lot more than one small cult.
Muslim extremists (Wahhabiists) I consider dangerous, in general, since they have sworn jihad against "nonbelievers" (everyone but them), and especially Americans for some reason.

Other religions don't worry me as much. I am not religious, but I look warily on extremists of any sort, because they tend to be the ones who are discontent with living peacefully among others.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
24247-100-6682.jpg
[/IMG]

we're the gov't and we're here to help

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'm not a clinton fan either, or a fan of what happened in Waco.

I see David Koresh as a criminal who flaunted the laws of our nation, and got what he deserved. He would have made his point if he had surrendered peacefully, but he chose not to, and he took out many innocent people with him.

I don't blame the ones who tried their best to take him in custody. Koresh put the victims in that situation, and I blame him for their deaths. I laughed because I interpreted the original poster to be advocating a Koresh-like rebellion against whatever injustices he thinks are going on in the country.

I disagree with that approach.

Exactly!!!

Koresh directly caused the deaths of those people.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Why do I always get into arguments with Californians? I will agree to disagree with you on these principles, our differences of opinion will never be resolved.

People can flaunt their hatred of the government, but I don't have to like it. People can hoard machine guns all they want, but they damn well better follow the laws regarding those weapons, otherwise they risk being considered dangerous (by me and by the government). If a policeman or government agent comes to arrest you with guns drawn, you had damn well better lay down your arms and get on the ground. If you shoot at them, you will likely die. If you are a parent who puts your three month old in that situation, Darwin's law takes over.

I give up. Think what you want, that is what makes our country great. Just don't go to far, like Koresh did. :shrug:

Agreed!

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Exactly!!!

Koresh directly caused the deaths of those people.

so adam, you believe the gov't has the right to use deadly force against american citizens that have caused no harm to anyone but themselves and haven't been convicted of any crimes?

i still think the gov't could have taken the high road on this one. they wern't going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread