Another problem need help.

Wolfhound

25th Infantry
Established Member
In advance, thanks for all the help guys. I finally have the car back together but now whenever I turn on the max ac or ac the car dies even when I am driving it. It feels like the pulley is seizing up when you turn it on.

I changed out all the pullies with Billetflow and I also swapped out the lower pulley with a 4lb lower and a new alternator pulley. Any ideas?

StreetSnake

Established Member
Just a guess but it sounds like the clutch on the compressor has taken a s##*t what you describe is indicative of that. Good luck with it.:beer: :beer:
After re reading actually not necessarily the clutch on the compressor as the compressor itself. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

twisted03

Established Member
pinched, broken, dis connected ac vaccum line, maybe? i did this wwith my last car when changing the heads. never knew i did it or even knew it would make a difference. it wouldnt kill my car but make it idle funny and just blow hot air. just something to check. does it die even when you keep it reved up to like 2000rpms and hold it?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
See if you can turn the compressor over by hand. You have to turn the center area of the clutch assy, not the outside pulley. But if the car dies due to a seized compressor, the clutch should make a pretty good racket when it engages and you could possibly smell the clutch burning or hear the belt try and slip. I would be more inclined to think you have a problem with the car being unable to compensate for the additional load. But this should be fairly easy to diagnose.

Users who are viewing this thread