Another part from Midcontinent Mustangs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomous99

Established Member
any chance you still have these? do you have one for a 1/8 npt sender

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yup, I have one left out of the last batch of 15 that I built. After I finish building 20 sets of backing plates I will be working on another run of temp adapters.

venomous99

Established Member
anyhow, i never got a response so i ended up finding a npt 1/2" male & 1/8" female brass bushing from lowes(home depot also carries them). total cost was $4 i think. i did a slight modification to the male side by open up the hole so there is more clearance between the sender and walls of the bushing. had it on the car for 2wks and no problems so far. no coolant leaking out or anything and temp is around where it should.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I havent been on much lately, been very busy. I applaud you for building a make shift adapter on your own. Let me know if it fails or you have problems and I'll send you one of mine.

Anthony
Midcontinent Mustangs

venomous99

Established Member
I havent been on much lately, been very busy. I applaud you for building a make shift adapter on your own. Let me know if it fails or you have problems and I'll send you one of mine.

Anthony
Midcontinent Mustangs

no problem bud. thanks for the generous offer but for a standard bushing i highly doubt it'll fail in the application. i dont know how modifying the bushing slightly makes it make shift as there is nothing to an npt bushing. we are not making superchargers here.
good luck :beer:

sorry to highjack your thread but just offering an alternative for those who are in a rush like i was to get a plug and have had no luck locating one on the board.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
By 'make shift' I meant going at it on your own and getting the job done! Nothing wrong with that, that's exactly how I got my start in the brake duct business!!!
As for the temp guage I couldnt find a suitbale NPT plug locallly so I had to improvise further the result is the Temp adapter that I machine and sell.

:beer:
Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

strokher racing

Established Member
Does the adapter position the autometer sending unit deep enough in the path of the coolant? I machined the center of my plug out and the sending unit sits much deeper down.

01 Venom

Established Member
I have this adapter and it works perfectly, I also have his oil pressure gauge adapter and that works well to.

Very useful, only thing I would say is paint it before you put it on so it doesnt rust

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I have this adapter and it works perfectly, I also have his oil pressure gauge adapter and that works well to.

Very useful, only thing I would say is paint it before you put it on so it doesnt rust

All temp adapters are clear coated to prevent rust, no need to paint them and yes these are still for sale. I have a run of 20 about half done. :beer:

01 Venom

Established Member
All temp adapters are clear coated to prevent rust, no need to paint them and yes these are still for sale. I have a run of 20 about half done. :beer:

Didnt mean to say anything negative, just noticed mine is rusting a bit. could have been that wrenched it off though.

Good product though

black-plasma

Established Member
I just sent you an email. I sent payment on June 24th and I have not heard anything yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread