Another opinion which truck to buy?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Raptor, unless you plan on towing at or above 8k lb with a trailer.

And if it's not the right truck for you, any potential depreciation would be minimal. (As long as you don't pay any adm).

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Raptor hands down. If you said you were going to tow a RV or boat or car trailer I'd say F-250. But for the 99% of the time you are going to be tooling around the Raptor is the best bet. It'll ride nicer and in my opinion be more fun to drive.

My94GT

Established Member
Why either one if you aren't going to tow very often? Get a 3.5 EB, and pocket the difference.
Because I prefer the style of both trucks over the regular f150.

If I went f150 again it would be a platinum and it’s not like those are cheap anyway. What ever I get I’d like to just be content and keep for a while so if it means spending more to get what’ll fit that bill then I’ll do it.

Thankfully this will be a secondary vehicle as I’ll keep my fusion to commute with mainly so it’s not a pressing rush to buy. The goal is just to buy come end of year so I have some time to put cash together for down payment first.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Man, with the use you're describing, you absolutely won't regret getting a new Raptor. They're AMAZING for daily driving and road trips and such. And they can go just about anywhere.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I have no clue what a Raptor can handle with hauling but I would have a tough time getting a truck and it not be a Raptor.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Op if you’re not super picky there have been a number of 2018 Raptors posted under MSRP on the FB 2017+ Gen2 Raptor Discussion page.

_Snake_

Established Member
Based on your needs and anticipated use (secondary vehicle), I'd also say get the Raptor. Absolutely not a 3/4 ton diesel of any brand.

Machdup1

Established Member
A low mile 2003-2004 F150 Lightning. I bought mine for a daily driver, cleaned it up, painted parts of it and it is a great daily driver. Plenty of power (running 12psi), comfortable and generally cheap to own. It can tow my boat and haul whatever needs hauling. It is also a fun vehicle to turn wrenches on. Eventually I will drop in a forged motor and turn up the boost.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
A low mile 2003-2004 F150 Lightning. I bought mine for a daily driver, cleaned it up, painted parts of it and it is a great daily driver. Plenty of power (running 12psi), comfortable and generally cheap to own. It can tow my boat and haul whatever needs hauling. It is also a fun vehicle to turn wrenches on. Eventually I will drop in a forged motor and turn up the boost.

most sensible post in this thread..

My94GT

Established Member
Op if you’re not super picky there have been a number of 2018 Raptors posted under MSRP on the FB 2017+ Gen2 Raptor Discussion page.
I’ll have to join and keep an eye on them. I won’t be ready to buy till later this year. I was going to wait till EOY and see if any deals where there. Also it gives me time to recover from a deck build I’m starting next week and have cash to put down.

Raptor does seem the better choice. No idea why but I just like the F250 but that’s a huge thing to drive around an tow a tractor with once in a while lol.

My94GT

Established Member

I love the lightning but I have no interest in a truck that isn’t incliment weather friendly and only has two doors. Plus it’s old and I’d like something with newer tech in it.

My94GT

Established Member
Beater truck for errands then get what you want.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I actually enjoy driving trucks. Only car I want currently is a gen V viper to which with a baby on the way I’ll have zero time to enjoy. I can’t think of better ways to spend the 50k extra I’d fork out for one over a raptor.

The goal is to get one in two or three years.

Blown 89

Established Member
Raptor or a standard F150. We looked at the Platinum edition and it was crazy nice compare to the competition.

My94GT

Established Member
13-14 F150 like mine... you dont need to spend $50k to go to Home Depot...
I’ve had that style truck before, what ever I get next will be new.

I know this isn’t a “need” purchase. It’s a want that I’m just justifying because it has ability to provide weekly utility use haha.

Users who are viewing this thread