Another opinion which truck to buy?

My94GT

Established Member
Well in the continued search for a new vehicle. Not long ago I compared S4 to hellcat, then said maybe charger scat pack. The wife declined both them as she feels we need a truck. Even with a hitch on her XC90 it’s still a pain in the ass to just make quick trips to Home Depot, or the dump, or any other work we do on the weekends.

The two choices-

Raptor which I love the looks of and a big win the wife loves them too

Or

An F250. Pretty much same price, I figure likely similar mpg but obviously much more utility capabilities.

I will likely only tow a handful of times a year, mostly a mid compact John Deere tractor with implements. Maybe a car here or there. The truck will mostly be used for trips locally for home stuff and a few times a week it would be driven to work.

bglf83

Established Member
Raptor. They are all over Texas, but everyone e that has one loves it.

08mojo

Established Member
a regular f150 will tow what you described. So why compare a diesel f250 to a raptor? I think you should be comparing a f150 to a raptor.

My94GT

Established Member
a regular f150 will tow what you described. So why compare a diesel f250 to a raptor? I think you should be comparing a f150 to a raptor.

I just happen to like the f250. It obviously has way more towing capabilities then I would need but I like the size of it and really happen to like the look of the current body.

I like the f150 too and it would definitely meet my needs. My last one was a 2010 platinum and I loved that thing but the 6.2 in it was a gas hog haha.

The raptor does seem the way to go I was just curious to hear others opinions.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I love my Raptor. what cab config would you go with? That has a pretty substantial effect on payload and towing for the Raptor.

Users who are viewing this thread