evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What did you end up with, Chuck?

Bulldogger

Established Member
Shame on you for buying a faster, better riding, and handling car. I just don't get why anyone would want a z06.

This is for all you guys who always make the comments about, if your gonna sell the mustang just don't buy a vet. Yada yada yada.

From personal experience you are gonna have a blast in the Z, plus the driver seat area is alot more roomy. Enjoy

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It should be - it's designed to be a real two-seater sports car (unlike the GT500) and is about $25K more ;)

I'll have one too but I'm keeping the GT500.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Congrats. I've never been in a Z-06, but I hear they're impressive. I'm sure you'll like it.

I'd never have a problem with someone getting a non-Mustang, although I admit that I would be a little hurt to see anyone trade-in a Shelby (or any Mustang for that matter) on a Camaro. The Vette's a different animal, not an old nemisis like the Camaro, so there's no flaming necessary here. Have fun!:beer:

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
The only people that will flame that choice are people who have not owned both or need the back seat. I had a 03 Termi and a 08 Z51 with mods. The Corvette is better easily. Even stock for stock I would go Vette if I did not need back seats. If the Gt500 prices keep increases at the rate they have been, it will be as much as Z06.

Darth Racer

Established Member
Shame on you for buying a faster, better riding, and handling car. I just don't get why anyone would want a z06.

This is for all you guys who always make the comments about, if your gonna sell the mustang just don't buy a vet. Yada yada yada.

From personal experience you are gonna have a blast in the Z, plus the driver seat area is alot more roomy. Enjoy

LOL...okay, but why not go to the 'vette forums, then? This is a FORD forum. I don't go to other manufacturers forums and try and sing the praises of the Shelby and 'rain on their parade'.

Bulldogger

Established Member
LOL...okay, but why not go to the 'vette forums, then? This is a FORD forum. I don't go to other manufacturers forums and try and sing the praises of the Shelby and 'rain on their parade'.

I own both so I can post where I want:banana::banana: I am also a member of the corvette forum, and when I decided to buy a GT500 instead of another Vette I asked if anyone had any experience with them and what they thought. As usual a mix of helpful and useless comments. Nothing wrong with either car. Both cars have a unique appeal that is different to each individuals need. Sometimes that need is only at a certain point in your life, sometimes it is just a personal choice. I just laugh everytime I hear the comments like hey now that you own a vette you need gold chains and grey hair...... blah blah. Plenty of people own vettes that are young. The vette happens to be a great all around car that if bought used can be a great value. That being said I like the GT500 just as much as the vette. I'm opened minded enough to realize there is no one right choice.:bash:

Last edited:

gerbie28

Established Member
My toy is in transit and I should have it in two weeks. 2008 with 4200 miles, one owner machine. It's what I wanted and I'm excited. I bought the shelby as I wanted the rear seat but in 4 years, my son/wife has been in it maybe a half dozen times only. I can't wait :beer:

2837070_fda64787-2680-4ec6-97f3-8c84ab79cf401.jpg

Flame suit on.

So my Shelby is going and am pulling the Dynotech driveshaft, has 2000 miles on her and it's coming out for sure. it will hit the parts section soon

Congrats you wont be dissapointed, I had a 07 Z06 and loved it, fast very fast:burnout:

BigDan

Established Member
Congrats but be careful because when the modding bug bites a Z06 it usually means a new built engine. I would of gotten a Z if they were as mod friendly as my GT500.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Congrats but be careful because when the modding bug bites a Z06 it usually means a new built engine. I would of gotten a Z if they were as mod friendly as my GT500.

Depends stock blocks on the 2006 and up Z06 can handle 6lbs boost and be fine with good tuning. 625-650rwhp would be the limit that I would go. Combine that with the light weight of the car and you can have plenty of fun for a long time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread